Formula 1 2022

Sorry I don’t follow. What have I obviously missed.
Some media comments that Max said he might finish after his RB contract ends.

The second comment was a flippant reference to his father's dropped attempted murder charge.

It's funny the love-in for Vettel this weekend. He was enemy number 1 when he was winning. And a bit of a ****. It's the hallmark of all great drivers generally. You don't win world championships unless you have that ruthless streak. Hamilton's got it. Alonso has it. Vettel has mellowed as he's aged/been in an uncompetitive car. Do Leclerc and Russell have it? I'm not so sure. Sainz and Perez definitely don't have it consistently.

That's the British media for you - he was a non-British driver in a non-British team so everything was spun madly. Like Schumacher before him, his English is a little clipped and that was interpreted as arrogance, but he's quite funny. He didn't give Webber any slack and therefore was a target.

The pieces this weekend have often highlighted that he grabbed the GP Drivers Association and shook them very hard until they became useful. Vettel it widely held as having driven the safety improvements, as M Schumacher had done before.

Interesting that Hamilton reportedly paid for a dinner for all the drivers to honour Vettel.

Reactions: mat
For the avoidance of any confusion I still think Max is a ****, now let’s hope for a more competitive season next year.
Agreed.

I'd like to see some more personality as well. Losing Seb and Danny makes a void in that respect. I hope Mercedes encourage Russel to bring his out more. He's got a great British passive aggressive streak.

I don’t mind that an F1 driver is a ****, I think to succeed in that sport they need that. Whilst they have teams it isn’t a team sport, win at all costs mentality has to be there even if it is at the expense of the guy in the same coloured car. All the great drivers have been cunts at some point and Max is looking like he will be up there with them.

What F1 needs is a new name on the trophy every year.

Do you mean Checo for next season? :)

Seriously though, while I'm fully in the Redbull camp, your point does have merit, so I guess it's a case of bring it on and the best team win.

A quick question though, does the same "new name" also apply to the English Premier League?

What looked like a promising season to start with soon turned to a procession. Credit to Red Bull they're just such a well drilled team. I hate Max and Horner but you can't deny they're an efficient and ruthless machine. Almost always spot on with their strategy and with a car that was miles ahead of the rest after the upgrades. Ferrari could have made a title challenge out of it, but poor strategy and arguably a lack of skill from Leclerc to turn good qualifying into race wins cost them. But they'd have been nowhere near after the upgrades anyway.

Mercedes seemed to be close to being back in business but this weekend shows they still have a way to go. Hopefully we see big improvements from them as Lewis is still probably the only guy who can challenge Max consistently. Without big improvements it's 3 in a row for Max next year. Ferrari can hopefully make it a three team battle where Leclerc can challenge as well. Russell could force his way in if Mercedes make a competitive car, but I'm not sure about him at the top tier yet. Does he have that ruthlessness to go and win.

It's funny the love-in for Vettel this weekend. He was enemy number 1 when he was winning. And a bit of a ****. It's the hallmark of all great drivers generally. You don't win world championships unless you have that ruthless streak. Hamilton's got it. Alonso has it. Vettel has mellowed as he's aged/been in an uncompetitive car. Do Leclerc and Russell have it? I'm not so sure. Sainz and Perez definitely don't have it consistently.
Verstappen has it.............and besides on the track, he unfortunately showed it in Brazil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.