Formula 1 2022

What looked like a promising season to start with soon turned to a procession. Credit to Red Bull they're just such a well drilled team. I hate Max and Horner but you can't deny they're an efficient and ruthless machine. Almost always spot on with their strategy and with a car that was miles ahead of the rest after the upgrades. Ferrari could have made a title challenge out of it, but poor strategy and arguably a lack of skill from Leclerc to turn good qualifying into race wins cost them. But they'd have been nowhere near after the upgrades anyway.

Mercedes seemed to be close to being back in business but this weekend shows they still have a way to go. Hopefully we see big improvements from them as Lewis is still probably the only guy who can challenge Max consistently. Without big improvements it's 3 in a row for Max next year. Ferrari can hopefully make it a three team battle where Leclerc can challenge as well. Russell could force his way in if Mercedes make a competitive car, but I'm not sure about him at the top tier yet. Does he have that ruthlessness to go and win.

It's funny the love-in for Vettel this weekend. He was enemy number 1 when he was winning. And a bit of a ****. It's the hallmark of all great drivers generally. You don't win world championships unless you have that ruthless streak. Hamilton's got it. Alonso has it. Vettel has mellowed as he's aged/been in an uncompetitive car. Do Leclerc and Russell have it? I'm not so sure. Sainz and Perez definitely don't have it consistently.

Any shred of integrity F1 had left disappeared when it shot itself in the foot at the end of last season with that absolute shambles in the last race.

This season just gone should have been a time for reflection and reconciliation, but no. They blew it big time.

Any shred of integrity F1 had left disappeared when it shot itself in the foot at the end of last season with that absolute shambles in the last race.

This season just gone should have been a time for reflection and reconciliation, but no. They blew it big time.
I agree with that but I will say that there was some fantastic wheel to wheel racing this season with the new cars.

Red Bull, detestable as I find them, can’t be blamed for the others not matching their pace and strategy this year. Hopefully the rest can pull their fingers out this winter and close the gap. As fans, we all want as many drivers as possible in with a chance of winning each weekend.

I agree with that but I will say that there was some fantastic wheel to wheel racing this season with the new cars.

Red Bull, detestable as I find them, can’t be blamed for the others not matching their pace and strategy this year. Hopefully the rest can pull their fingers out this winter and close the gap. As fans, we all want as many drivers as possible in with a chance of winning each weekend.
Maybe they should take a look at Touring Cars?

I do wonder what Horner really thinks of Ferrari taking second spot in the drivers championship.

Additionally, I do wonder what all the Max fans think of the fact that his petulance has cost Perez, (his team mate), second place.
He wont give a fuck. He has a champion driver and team, Max has had a mard about Perez hence Riccardo coming back in a "development" capacity.

An almost stellar season by Redbull, thoroughly deserved champions taking both the constructors and drivers with Verstappen.

Had Max played ball in Brazil, and Checo been able to take second in the drivers championship, then it would have then been a truly stellar season. Brilliant driver that he is, that decision left a bad taste. I noticed a certain amount of booing during his interview, he needs to hear that.

At the start of the season, I thought we were in for a promising competition, because Ferrari looked very quick and competitive, but unfortunately they couldn't maintain it, where-as Redbull did. Besides having a top class driver, Redbull are shit hot on their management and strategy and hardly put a foot wrong all season.

Looking forward to more progress next season and another constructors and drivers championship for their efforts.

A great team who broke F1 budgets and bullied Masi to get their way.

An now their poster boy is saying he might fuck it off because he wants to see if he can beat his dad at getting off murder charges as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.