Formula 1 2022

Well...

The expected title challengers being shown up by their teams number two's.

Fascinating.

Still plenty of races to go, but what a great start. Maybe unpredictably has entered the sport? Only time will tell.

Mercedes' downfall is the greatest thing to happen to this sport.

Maybe an empire is falling? 22 (?) Races to go yet.

It would be good to see 3 or 4 teams fighting all season. However, i feel it will be the same two at the end of season. Even if its Perez v Russell.

Hang on a minute.... I thought the car didn't really matter and that Hamilton was the greatest F1 driver ever in the history of the sport?

Anyone who says the car doesn't make the difference is talking straight out of their arse.

But people saying he's being "exposed" right now must come from the same school of thought as the people who think that Pep is only seen as a decent manager because of the clubs he's managed.

I mean, I get that it's probably tongue in cheek and just there to wind up Lewis/ Mercedes fans but come on.

Hamilton not happy about his car and looks like his reconditions to the car back fired and it’s that bad he wants to start in the pits so they can change it.

Anyone who says the car doesn't make the difference is talking straight out of their arse.

But people saying he's being "exposed" right now must come from the same school of thought as the people who think that Pep is only seen as a decent manager because of the clubs he's managed.

I mean, I get that it's probably tongue in cheek and just there to wind up Lewis/ Mercedes fans but come on.
It’s a bit of a silly statement about the car but true about the greatest driver.

Interesting to see he is so far behind and that the Mercedes engine isn’t cutting it at the moment. It seems that they’re down on power and also not getting the tyres switched on. Huge problems to solve and intriguing for those who actually follow the sport.

Been a little shocked, and pleasantly surprised at how Ferrari have hooked it up from the beginning of the year. Leclerc and Sainz seem to be decent blokes and have shown previously that they’re good racers which, even without Hamilton, will give us some competitive racing with Verstappen and the Red Bull team.

PS. This course is not a racing circuit, it’s a possible widow maker. 2 huge crashes in the F1 already and another in F2, leaving them unable to drive, shows that the circuit is not fit for purpose.

Reactions: mat

Also it’s weird how Fernandinho isn’t the player he was and is being “exposed” for being 37.

It’s funny to watch/listen to the car vs driver argument. The best car in the world is wasted on a bad driver and the best driver in the world is wasted in a bad car!

When the car and the driver can come together for a season, then you have a World Champion candidate.

The margins in this sport are so slim that ridiculously small incremental advantages in either car or driver can make a considerable difference on any given day.

However, over the course of a full season, it’s impossible, without significant mechanical deficiencies, to say the top drivers don’t end up at the top of the leaderboard.

Ergo, having done it for a record number of seasons, in different cars, Hamilton is one of the best drivers ever, regardless of whom you support!

Last edited:
At Ferrari who is the primary and secondary drivers? It seems that they are very equal.

Well...

The expected title challengers being shown up by their teams number two's.

Fascinating.

Still plenty of races to go, but what a great start. Maybe unpredictably has entered the sport? Only time will tell.
Hardly. When Williams and Alfa are at the front and Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull at the back in line with their wind tunnel time I'll agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.