Formula 1 2022

Hamilton has probably lost his head a bit. I'm sure he was 'chewing at the bit' all through the season break hoping to make amends for last season and get back to championship winning ways.

Unfortunately for him the car isn't there so he's in the unusual situation of having a midfield car and also having a new strong teammate.

The last time this happened was probably 2013 when he first moved to Mercedes with Rosberg as his teammate. That year Rosberg actually won more races* than Hamilton which I'm sure was quite unexpected at the time.

*Hamilton did score more points over the season though.

Definitely puts Russell in good stead though. If you think about the drivers who've performed well against Lewis they've all become world champions.

Alonso, Button, Rosberg and now Russell.

As an aside Sky's coverage being very female heavy has been refreshing. More technical talk, less egos.

Wouldn't be surprising if Hamilton calls it a day at the end of the season. The Mercedes seems to have slipped back considerably compared to the Ferrari and RB cars. And I'm not sure he'll be happy to be back in 3rd/4th/5th in the Championship. Plus, he's fairly comfortably set up for life now. Would having his own team be something he'd be interested in?

Reactions: mat
Sky and the drivers are jizzing themselves over Miami.

Confirming for me it'll be a US version of Monaco.

Why Hamilton doing so bad where as Russel is doing better? Has Hamilton lost interest now he knows the car ain’t good enough?!

Lewis sounding like he wishes he'd fucked off after being cheated last season.

Was DRS being manipulated in that race as well?

It was a long time before it was activated, with various comments from the commentators saying "why isn't it on".
Having said that, it was active for well over 30 laps during which Hamilton couldn't pass Gasly at the back of a chain - I don't think it made that much difference.

Interesting that Wolff made a radio call apologising for the car being undriveable - sounded a bit odd when Russell did okay while not able threatening anyone ahead of him. Hamilton sounded pretty down post-race.

Reactions: mat
It was a long time before it was activated, with various comments from the commentators saying "why isn't it on".
Having said that, it was active for well over 30 laps during which Hamilton couldn't pass Gasly at the back of a chain - I don't think it made that much difference.

Interesting that Wolff made a radio call apologising for the car being undriveable - sounded a bit odd when Russell did okay while not able threatening anyone ahead of him. Hamilton sounded pretty down post-race.
Feels like a changing of the guard.

Will hamilton accept number 2 to Russell if this forms continues?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.