Formula 1 2022

I really hope you’re not trying to bring a decade old Richard Scudamore quote into a formula 1 discussion.

Surely no one is that stupid, and surely they wouldn’t use it in a reply to a post about how one team dominating is fine, completely the opposite of the (completely irrelevant to this conversation) Scudamore quote.
Equate it to a team dominating the PL and then what?

Just because a single team is run and financed better than everyone else the onus is on the other teams to sort themselves out or accept their lot.

Equate it to a team dominating the PL and then what?

Just because a single team is run and financed better than everyone else the onus is on the other teams to sort themselves out or accept their lot.
Yes that’s literally what I wrote you cretin.

You’ve misread my comment (despite literally highlighting it) and are now arguing against something I never said.

Is he not a 'Super Hero' in the eyes of many?

He won a lot of races in a very, very dominant car and now appears to be struggling (compared to his new team mate) without that superiority. I've never said he not a talented individual, because obviously he is, but if he was one of "the greatest drivers in history", wouldn't you at least expect him to be matching and exceeding the results gained by Russell?
You would have a point if there wasn't precedent in Schumacher and Rosberg, Vettel and Ricciardo, Alonso and Hamilton, hell if we're going off 4 races then how about the 3 races in 1994 where Hill did better than Senna?

Or we could accept that apart from Jeddah, Russell and Lewis have been evenly matched over a weekend, that George got a fortunate podium due to a safety car in Australia and got a really good start at Imola and was in the right place at the right time to negotiate the Sainz crash and therefore had the track position and didn't get stuck in the midfield train which nobody got through.

Same way Ocon wasn't really better than Alonso in Melbourne.

I think there’s loads of reasons why people would have a problem with the way Verstappen was given the championship last season and we know for a fact half the paddock took exception with the way his “aggressive” driving was handled, so no surprise the fans didn’t like it either and the ill feeling will continue as long as RB and the 2 Verstappens refuse to even talk about it seriously.

Competition in sport is important, it’s not so important that the whole integrity of the sport should be thrown out of the window to get a new winner, and consistently winning is not a reason to hate a driver.
Get fck over it. And that goes for anyone else who feels frustrated by something Verstappen had no vote in. It was a call by the race director. A call that the whole world enjoyed except Mercedes, Hamilton and Hamilton fans. He had the freedom to do so. Not anymore. So case closed.

And why would Verstappen talk about it, besides I can’t recall an interview where he has refused to do it.
What you say is aggressive driving I simply say it’s racing. It’s what people want.

And why people feel aggrieved towards Hamilton beats me. I find him a great sport. I’m just responding on your claim of weird behaviour. It goes both ways. People want Verstappen to crash. How weird is that. Maybe the same should wonder why Russell handles the car much better than Hamilton

End of the story, a great weekend for the champion. And I hope it’ll be a battle till the last day again.

Get fck over it. And that goes for anyone else who feels frustrated by something Verstappen had no vote in. It was a call by the race director. A call that the whole world enjoyed except Mercedes, Hamilton and Hamilton fans. He had the freedom to do so. Not anymore. So case closed.

And why would Verstappen talk about it, besides I can’t recall an interview where he has refused to do it.
What you say is aggressive driving I simply say it’s racing. It’s what people want.

And why people feel aggrieved towards Hamilton beats me. I find him a great sport. I’m just responding on your claim of weird behaviour. It goes both ways. People want Verstappen to crash. How weird is that. Maybe the same should wonder why Russell handles the car much better than Hamilton

End of the story, a great weekend for the champion. And I hope it’ll be a battle till the last day again.

There's so much made up nonsense in there it's hard to know where to begin. "The whole world enjoyed" lol.

As for Max's driving it's his fellow drivers who called an extrordinary meeting after Brazil to demand why he wasn't being punished for it, so unless you think the rest of the grid don't know what racing is, you're full of shit aren't you?

It's always telling when Verstappen fans resort to "Oh so the title was stolen by an incompetent official, which was then backed up by the stewards inventing rules to retroactively justify it, only to be overruled by the full FIA report, throwing the entire integrity of the sport into question, get over it"

There's so much made up nonsense in there it's hard to know where to begin. "The whole world enjoyed" lol.

As for Max's driving it's his fellow drivers who called an extrordinary meeting after Brazil to demand why he wasn't being punished for it, so unless you think the rest of the grid don't know what racing is, you're full of shit aren't you?

It's always telling when Verstappen fans resort to "Oh so the title was stolen by an incompetent official, which was then backed up by the stewards inventing rules to retroactively justify it, only to be overruled by the full FIA report, throwing the entire integrity of the sport into question, get over it"
I read loads of nonsense on your behalve. Not just the replies to me for that matter. As you say, hard to know where to begin. Are you Toto Wolf in disguise?
But I like to look ahead instead of looking backwards in bitterness. I leave that to you. I simply enjoy racing. And happen to have the same nationality as the champion. I do prefer a battle by numerous drivers and teams rather than winning solely for having the fastest car.

I read loads of nonsense on your behalve. Not just the replies to me for that matter. As you say, hard to know where to begin. Are you Toto Wolf in disguise?
But I like to look ahead instead of looking backwards in bitterness. I leave that to you. I simply enjoy racing. And happen to have the same nationality as the champion. I do prefer a battle by numerous drivers and teams rather than winning solely for having the fastest car.

I thought you preferred winning because an official cheated?

I thought you preferred winning because an official cheated?
Masi didn't cheat though.
The official wording was 'Michael Masi made a “human error” but acted in good faith at the controversial season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix last year.
Masi was cleared of any intent and the FIA said he was just doing his best to finish the race.'
His sacking was only done to appease certain quarters and put an end to the situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.