Forward!!!!

I do see your point, but to be fair to him, he has usually got 9 defenders in front of him, restricting his passing options somewhat. We haven't got many forward runners because there is no space for them to run forward into. The the likes of Walker try to get forward but then the attack breaks down and they get caught out and we are a defender short. It is something of a quandary.

The OP wants to play forward more quickly. Perhaps they can tell us how to make enough space to play forward into when there are 9 opposition defenders behind the ball most of the time. I'd love to know because I can't see a way past it with our current tools.

We are seeing the result of Greece's Euro 2004 victory. It was the blueprint for what is happening to City now. I would suggest width and pace but we haven't got enough of either, and I am not sure if it would work anyway.

Settle for a point away from home and pass it about at the back for 90 minutes?
Are you Maurinho? (:-)

Play the fucking ball forward.....not sideways,not backwards......fucking FORWARDS!!!

And don't fucking wait till the opposition have ten behind the ball before we decide to shoot.

We are becoming painful to watch.
I'd agree but also argue we lack movement up front to enable that. We seem to simply stop running when we approach the penalty area, with little options given for fwd passing.

It seems to me one the biggest factor is we have become safe in the way we play. Previously because the recovery rate was so good we would play faster riskier football. I don't know the stats but I would guess we have more touches and give the ball away less often than we did a season ago

If we can return to that that fast crisp passing then I would expect the goals to flow again. I would have Foden in the side all the time as takes risks with passing or dribbling.

I'd agree but also argue we lack movement up front to enable that. We seem to simply stop running when we approach the penalty area, with little options given for fwd passing.
Yep, just another of the issues we are currently facing.

We seem to constantly get into a decent position then either choose the wrong option, overplay it and it fizzles out or decide to stop and pass it backwards instead of driving into the box with the ball

Inverted wingers - seems to be completely ineffective for getting behind parked buses and also seems to be one of the main reasons why we pass it back and sideways so often
I’ve been banging on about this for some time, it narrows play and slows things down. When did we last score our signature goal, drive to the byline, cut back and tap in! Inverted wingers don’t make this happen.

I do see your point, but to be fair to him, he has usually got 9 defenders in front of him, restricting his passing options somewhat. We haven't got many forward runners because there is no space for them to run forward into. The the likes of Walker try to get forward but then the attack breaks down and they get caught out and we are a defender short. It is something of a quandary.

The OP wants to play forward more quickly. Perhaps they can tell us how to make enough space to play forward into when there are 9 opposition defenders behind the ball most of the time. I'd love to know because I can't see a way past it with our current tools.

We are seeing the result of Greece's Euro 2004 victory. It was the blueprint for what is happening to City now. I would suggest width and pace but we haven't got enough of either, and I am not sure if it would work anyway.

Settle for a point away from home and pass it about at the back for 90 minutes?

Move the ball quickly for 60 minutes and exhaust the opposition mentally and physically. Substitute fresh players for the last 30.

It's what we used to do actually but now we have Rodri and Mahrez drastically slowing down the play.

Quality of chances is also an issue. Pep bemoans that we conceded against 4 (or was it 6?) shots to our 22 vs Spurs but that clouds the issue that their 4 chances were very good chances whereas our 22 were mostly half chances because there were 6 defenders packing the box.

Anytime we counter attack Mahrez stopped to get onto his left and Spurs got back into position.

Just awful.
Mahrez is like a table top football player stuck to a metal tube he's that predictable, an odd occassion of brilliance isn't enough, same with DeBruyne - I think Pep can sometimes ruin players creativity and shooting ability because he prefers his strikers to recieve the ball with a short pass. DeBruyne is half the player he was when under Pellegrini, emotive subject but he used to run half the pitch and crack them in, never see it now.

Big part of that is Jesus not being good enough. Watching Kane play yesterday and really pull our defenders all over, win fouls create space etc highlights that. No Sane to blitz someone for pace is also an issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.