Foul throw ins

Again yesterday City were penalized for a foul throw in. I seem to remember last season in the cup we were penalized twice for the same,(Southampton ?).Yet I can’t remember any other team in any match this season being pulled up on it.

I see foul throws in every match, I have no idea why some are called yet 99% are ignored

The ref motioned like it didn't come over his head, so if you tilt your neck and throw it sideways, it's a foul throw?

The ref motioned like it didn't come over his head, so if you tilt your neck and throw it sideways, it's a foul throw?
Depends what you mean by tilt the head.

1. Procedure

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:
  • stand facing the field of play
  • have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
  • throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play
(At least that's the rules for other teams)

As soon as it left his hands I said it was a foul throw. Was surprised the ref took a couple of seconds to blow.
Assistant signalled for it. Very odd.

So was the business of not letting teams take a corner with two players off the pitch to disguise who was taking the corner. No idea where this has come from, but they seemed to be insisting that only one could be off the pitch, the other had to be within the field of play. (City corner after 4 mins, West Ham corner a bit later.)

Assistant signalled for it. Very odd.

So was the business of not letting teams take a corner with two players off the pitch to disguise who was taking the corner. No idea where this has come from, but they seemed to be insisting that only one could be off the pitch, the other had to be within the field of play. (City corner after 4 mins, West Ham corner a bit later.)
A player cannot leave the field of play without the ref's permission. One of the few legal exceptions is for essential activities which are classed as "in the course of play" such as retrieving the ball. It only takes 1 player to do that and take the corner so it probably makes sense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.