Foul throw ins

just get it right, we're not taking someone's liver out here FFS

Again yesterday City were penalized for a foul throw in. I seem to remember last season in the cup we were penalized twice for the same,(Southampton ?).Yet I can’t remember any other team in any match this season being pulled up on it.
Yes Cancelo did one of them in the defeat against Saints in the Carabao Cup

Jokes aside, I would say (conservatively) that upwards of 15-20% of throw-ins taken in any given match at any level are technically of the foul variety. But they rarely get called.

So it is always curious when they are called (sometimes straight after or before a different player took a foul throw).

The foul throw law is really only there to limit how far you can throw it Personally, I think they should change the rule so that you can put the ball into play any way you like as long as it goes less than about ten yards. It's mad that you get a throw in and then are at a disadvantage because opponents can be two yards away, and it's very hard to legally throw it to a teammate within two yards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.