Four day working

chris85mcfc

What do we think?

I couldn't see a thread about this, and was certainly not hoping for it to turn into a political discussion; but what are peoples thoughts on this...

Business owners, would it work for you and your employers?

Employees, what do you think about squeezing 5 days work into 4?

Personally, I could manage this in my role with very little issue, assuming my employer was happy to offer it.

To clarify is this about doing 4 x 9.5 hour days or 4 x 8 hour days?

I've seen a lot of confusion about this. I've thought it meant 4 x 8 hour days but a lot of people seem to think it means 4 x 9.5 hour days aka the same hours but structured differently to the usual 8 hour, 5 day a week standard.

They do it in some states in the UAE. Seems to be more productive but longer working days through Monday to Thursday.

I've seen a lot of confusion about this. I've thought it meant 4 x 8 hour days but a lot of people seem to think it means 4 x 9.5 hour days aka the same hours but structured differently to the usual 8 hour, 5 day a week standard.
It means doing your weekly contracted hrs in 4 days instead of five.

Yes, as mentioned above, it would be your contracted hours over 4 days instead of 5.

Personally, can't think of any cons, but I appreciate there are many people out there that may be opposed to the idea, so I'm keen to hear people's opinions.

I'd imagine it would be tricky in jobs like the building trade, as you'd struggle to do work past 4pm on a dark winter night!

It means doing your weekly contracted hrs in 4 days instead of five.

Not interested then. We were offered it where I work and we all decided to stick to the usual 5 day method.

I'd have missed all the nice evenings this week for example doing longer hours. And if you're having a slow/bad day it just makes things worse having to endure that extra time.

I do 4 x 8 instead of 5 x 7.5. Friday is usually my none working day.
Took a bit of getting used to but it suits me. It also means a little less money but ide rather have the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.