Four day working

Home based working has done it for me. I log off dead on 5pm and have The Chase on so I can wind down whilst food cooks.

To clarify is this about doing 4 x 9.5 hour days or 4 x 8 hour days?

I've seen a lot of confusion about this. I've thought it meant 4 x 8 hour days but a lot of people seem to think it means 4 x 9.5 hour days aka the same hours but structured differently to the usual 8 hour, 5 day a week standard.

no - its about requesting compressed hours and the employer and employee agreeing what that looks like.
One thing that the old sadsters are missing because they abhor change is that if you compress hours you can cut childcare costs for a couple. Say mum works Mon to Weds so has the kids rather than them going to nursery and Dad has Tuesday at home then costs are cut plus flexibility can bring more of those people the sadsters label as inactive back into the workplace

it is fucking knackering!

Have you sought medical advice? I only asked because when I saw my doc it was found I was knackered because of a red blood cell deficiency so iron tablets were suggested as the "cure" - that had a marginal effect and then Vit B12 was suggested and all was well again - sometimes its not just long hours that are doing you in.

Have you sought medical advice? I only asked because when I saw my doc it was found I was knackered because of a red blood cell deficiency so iron tablets were suggested as the "cure" - that had a marginal effect and then Vit B12 was suggested and all was well again - sometimes its not just long hours that are doing you in.

I actually have chronic iron deficiency. It's a result of malabsorption, so it's not really easy to fix with supplements and the like.

Have you ever considered going into the medical profession? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.