Four day working

i used to have a shift pattern of 4 on 4 off, 11.5hrs a day,cant beat it, i now work monday to friday and i fucking hate it,having only saturday and sunday off is wank, more traffic,more people in the shops,and a lot less time to wander the rivers and canals fishing, weekend fishing the canals far too many boats

give me 4 on 4 off any day of the week, its the only down side to my new job, but i knew the score when i signed up i suppose
I went the other way, from years of being a mon-fri, to being a shift worker but that’s a few years ago now. I don’t agree with you about the shops, M&S and Tesco on any day of the week at Handforth Dean is crammed, so is John Lewis and Sainsbury’s. Either go first thing or late is the only way to beat the madness.

would be 10hr shifts for me imcludomg a lunch break, I couldmlive with that.

Only issue is my.work is mon-fri andnI am the sole supervislser so need to ne onsite or have cover from a coleague on the 5th day, how we would rota that to cover each other over our sites I am not aure.

bit all for a 4 day week a d more hours in the day
I hope your job doesn't require the ability to spell correctly

I go clothes shopping on a weekday just to avoid queues for changing rooms and tills. I take the day off entirely and have food afterwards. After work can be fine too but a leisurely Friday at Cheshire Oaks is nice.

You work seven days a week? Or any five out of seven?

Weekends usually quiet but stuff to do.

It’s a 24/7 job, constantly monitoring emails and on call etc - back and forth to ships with different time zones.

It’s well paid and has it perks.

Can go from chilled to manic in a instant.

I do 8 on 6 off constant nightshift Wednesday to Wednesday 8.45 hours per shift.So in theory i'm doing a 4 day 35 hour week.
Can be a pain with the football fixtures if you get a lot of home games on the weekend you work or a Wednesday but i can split my Spring and Winter Weeks up to give me an extra 10 days to add on to my 10 days allowance to cover this problem my Summer leave until September to cover this problem as well.
Start my Summer leave tomorrow for 2 weeks and my last day covers the Brentford game in 2 weeks.
Suits my needs although it is about getting to as much City games as possible to get use of my season pass.
12.30 games can be a nightmare as i have to use 2 days leave to cover them.
So even though everything revolves over City hobby wise i have a job that covers my needs family wise as well due to the constant nightshift.I would not be able to go and see City in any other shift pattern.

Weekends usually quiet but stuff to do.

It’s a 24/7 job, constantly monitoring emails and on call etc - back and forth to ships with different time zones.

It’s well paid and has it perks.

Can go from chilled to manic in an instant.
Wow, you mustn’t get any free time. No job is worth that. Not even being self employed.

A few years back I worked for a while as a merchandiser in all the supermarkets from Tampa to Port Charlotte (a 90 mile stretch) and had a schedule to do them all on rotation and could not work more than 40 hours a week.
I did 3 x 13 hour days and then spent 4 days down at the beach

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.