FPL - 2022/23 | City Discussion

So - this is my team currently - any thoughts/suggestions welcomed before I enter it into a number of leagues with various mates:

View attachment 50909
Good team man but there is alot of money on your bench, if you want to run this I would bench boost then wild card to get you money on the pitch. You could bring in Allison if you don't want any other dipper players and I like dier but Doherty could be better returns if he is fully fit or perisic if you have the money.

Thanks for the comments - I am new to this - not used to thinking about the cost of players on the bench - I was thinking that the 5 sub rule would see these players coming off the bench - but I can see the error

Thanks for the comments - I am new to this - not used to thinking about the cost of players on the bench - I was thinking that the 5 sub rule would see these players coming off the bench - but I can see the error
No worries man only your starting 11 get points if 1 of your 11 doesn't play your 1st sub comes on if another doesn't play then the next comes on and so on. You want the best possible players on the pitch so most people have the minimum amount of money on the bench, unless you bench boost which your bench players get points for 1 game week then you can wild card (basically redo your team) to get the money back on the pitch.

No worries man only your starting 11 get points if 1 of your 11 doesn't play your 1st sub comes on if another doesn't play then the next comes on and so on. You want the best possible players on the pitch so most people have the minimum amount of money on the bench, unless you bench boost which your bench players get points for 1 game week then you can wild card (basically redo your team) to get the money back on the pitch.
The 3 subs will only come off your bench if 3 players in your first 11 selection don't play a single minute.
Ah...........

I did mention that I was new at this - big thanks

Good team man but there is alot of money on your bench, if you want to run this I would bench boost then wild card to get you money on the pitch.
Eh? You can change the team completely, for free, before the first game of the season - only use 'bench boost' if you are confident all 15 players will be playing (that's a one-off option per season), wild card is if you want to change a large number of players during the season, ie your team is shit and you need a total re-think, you get one wild card in each 'half' of the season. Free-hit is an option to change any number of players without penalty costs, but is only active for a single week, after which the team reverts to previous line-up, it's useful, say, on cup qtr-final weekend when a number of your team may be playing cup games whilst there are still league games in the schedule.
You can swap any players from your bench to your team without penalty each week, and change captain whenever - captain gets double points so is an important pick, something I consistently get wrong!

Eh? You can change the team completely, for free, before the first game of the season - only use 'bench boost' if you are confident all 15 players will be playing (that's a one-off option per season), wild card is if you want to change a large number of players during the season, ie your team is shit and you need a total re-think, you get one wild card in each 'half' of the season. Free-hit is an option to change any number of players without penalty costs, but is only active for a single week, after which the team reverts to previous line-up, it's useful, say, on cup qtr-final weekend when a number of your team may be playing cup games whilst there are still league games in the schedule.
You can swap any players from your bench to your team without penalty each week, and change captain whenever - captain gets double points so is an important pick, something I consistently get wrong!
What do you get for a vice captain. Do they get extra points aswell. Or is he just for emergency incase the captain doesnt play?

What do you get for a vice captain. is he just for emergency incase the captain doesnt play?
Yep, an insurance play if the main captain is a no show.

Don't forget folks, three wildcards (WC) are in effect this season, thanks to "unlimited free transfers" during the mid-season break for the World Cup.

1 WC available before the W.Cup.
"unlimited free transfers" during the W.Cup break.
1 WC available after the W.Cup.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.