FPL - 2022/23 | City Discussion

I know I'm think of loading my bench and using the bench boost early this season say game week 2? and then wildcarding to get my money back on the pitch I never get value out of the bench boost but with the world Cup I'm thinking early wildcard could be a shout.
Best way to use a Bench boost is on a double game week combined with using a wildcard the week before, sometimes if you’re lucky you get a double double GW, this mainly happens in the spring (be patient!) isn’t there an option to change your whole team in the World Cup break? Sure I read that somewhere

Only my second season playing this. Need to do better in my work league, got off to a shocker last year because I didnt fully understand. But clawed my way back up to fifth in the end.

Question, is it more worthwhile keeping bench boost and triple captain for later in the season when teams might play twice a week?

Edit, question already answered above.

Last edited:
Only my second season playing this. Need to do better in my work league, got off to a shocker last year because I didnt fully understand. But clawed my way back up to fifth in the end.

Question, is it more worthwhile keeping bench boost and triple captain for later in the season when teams might play twice a week?
It's better to use it in double game weeks as hopefully the players on your bench play twice and your three captains play twice. But my problem is I'm too busy sorting injuries suspensions and trying to get in form players I never plan for it and end up not getting good value. Another thing to which is if the manager will rotate usually starters if they are playing twice in a week.

Best way to use a Bench boost is on a double game week combined with using a wildcard the week before, sometimes if you’re lucky you get a double double GW, this mainly happens in the spring (be patient!) isn’t there an option to change your whole team in the World Cup break? Sure I read that somewhere
Yeah unlimited free transfers during the world cup I think. How much money do you leave on the bench? Or do you use 4.5mil players that are playing?

My team so far. Pickford is just a filler at the moment. Chilwell will probably change due to pre season results. Obviously no Salah will hurt but hoping Diaz and Kane can cover him. Sancho has had a good pre season so hoping Ronaldo fucks off.

Screenshot_20220723-184547_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220727-133229_Chrome.jpg

I've changed it 4 times but gonna stick with this now (no rags or scouse rule for me lol)

Yeah unlimited free transfers during the world cup I think. How much money do you leave on the bench? Or do you use 4.5mil players that are playing?
Always pile your money on starting 11 with maybe one decent sub then as you say cheap fillers, some people throw a £4.5M striker in who won’t play and disperse the funds elsewhere, don’t choose a Delap (unless he goes on loan) as that’s 1 of 3 from City, likewise players of other big teams, nothing worse than having to make a double sub to correct that mistake. Neco Williams Andreas Pereira Dalot all good fillers. Goalkeepers, some pick x2 £4.5M & rotate others pick an Ederson with a £4.0M back up, Leicester keepers look good for this if KS leaves & they don’t replace him

Goalkeepers, some pick x2 £4.5M & rotate others pick an Ederson with a £4.0M back up, Leicester keepers look good for this if KS leaves & they don’t replace him
GK's are my weak spot, If I do the 4.5m pairing and rotate, I always leave the most points on the bench, because I choose the easy home fixture keeper. The premium GK's remove the chance to have 3 outfield players from the same team.

This season with GK prices being lower than usual, my plan is to pair up a 5.0m keeper (Mendy, Sa, Pope etc) with a bench fodder 4.0m, and with essentially 3 wildcards available, I can freshen it up sooner, if a high performing 4.5m keeper emerges from the rest.

Hope this is OK to post.

Would anyone be interested in joining a bluemoon cash league for a bit more interest? £10 in, winner takes all. Can set up a WhatsApp group. If I can get about 9 other people interested I can organise. Have both bought and sold tickets on here to can be trusted. Reply or dm me if interested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.