Francis Lee RIP

Franny was before my time as a player but my dad and uncle worshipped him.

And when he stood up in the main stand, not 30 yards from me, as his takeover of Swales gathered pace i cheered him as loud as anyone. He gave us hope.
His ownership didnt go to plan, far from it , but he was instrumental in our move to a new stadium.

Rip to one of manchester Citys true, true greats

I think we paid 60K from Bolton great player, barrel chested had a terrific shot on him. RIP LeeWonPen
He still holds the record for pens scored in a season his nickname was LeeOnePen this is from the Pink, goal scorer
Lee 1 (Pen) He has been accused of being a diver but he didnt even "win" half of the ones he scored There was a famous incident in a derby where he showed the ref how Best had dived by illustrating it in front of him and got booked for it as well
City legend RiP Franny

That's fucking shite news what a guy he was on and off the pitch up there with Bell and summerbee only Mike left now bet he's sad tonight like all those of us that saw franny play RIP Franny.

Very sad news indeed. Many condolences to his family and friends. Thanks for everything you did at City. Rest In Peace Francis.

Back in the days of small boys and rolled up jumpers, I saw him on one of the old football cards. Terrible printing obviously but the bright blue shirt and yellow hair had a magnetism of sorts. Shortly afterwards, he was mystery quest on question of sport. That's F Lee! He was a major influence on me becoming a City fan at that young age. Gutted when he went to Derby, even more the first time he came back!
True City Legend, RIP Franny.

"Look at his face, just look at his face"

Albeit for Derby County, an iconic piece of commentary.

R.I.P Francis Lee
Franny left at the end of my first season watching City. I haven't got many memories from his time here, apart from him and Denis Law being very magnanimous in defeat at Wembley against Wolves. However, I was there for his goal for Derby which was pure class.
His time as Chairman wasn't great but I still think the greatest thing he did for City was to wrestle the club out of that leeching bastards hands

RIP Franny

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.