Francis Lee RIP

Fantastic memories of Franny as a player and going to Maine Road with my dad in the late 60s and the early 70s. What a time it was for us blues. He contributed so much to the joy of the game. RIP a legend.

That goal against City was a great goal with iconic commentary.Franny celebrated it brilliantly as well.None of the no celebrating against your former team in those days as well.
I believe Derby won the league that season as well with Dave Mackay as the manager.
RIP Franny.

I doubt it. He fell out with Lee over his sacking as a youth coach. I'd love to be wrong on this, but sadly I don't think they ever spoke again.

I don’t think they kissed and made up and became best buddies but there was a truce and they did speak I’m sure it was Nelly’s tribute after his death that they stood together
It wasn’t Franny who sacked him think Frank Clarke did it Franny went on holiday and was going to deal with the situation when he he got back but the idiot had sacked him put Franny in a difficult position did he undermine his staff?

RIP, Mr 'One Pen'.

Made my Mum's day once when she was crossing Davyhulme/ Moss Road in Stretford and a car stopped to let her across. She started to raise her hand in thanks and then her jaw dropped; it was Franny behind the wheel. He started laughing when he saw the look of shock and awe on her face, then gave her the 'thumbs-up' gesture. She was walking on air for weeks!

Great player. I just managed to get to see him play a few times in his latter part of his career, including the first game I ever went to, Everton v Derby. Did he not go into training horses for a while?

Rest well Franny

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.