Francis Lee RIP

Franny was the reason I started supporting City as a young kid, having briefly met him a couple of months before the 1969 FA cup final and where he took the time to chat to me. It left a huge impression. An absolute colossus as a player and certainly my hero growing up. So I'm incredibly sad to hear of his passing earlier this afternoon and my sympathy goes out to his family and friends. I owe my support of this club over the past 54 years entirely to him. Rest in peace Franny.

My old man is from Handforth and whenever we’d go past his house towards Style he’d always point it out, as if I didn’t know already. I’m was only 7-8 but remember being awestruck that my nan lived so close to a City legend!

Ha ha. Just posted the same. Was trying to work out the other Golden Boot winners.
Gerd Mūller for sure, maybe Kazi Deyna too

A Bayern/Adidas promo with as you say Gerd Muller and Franny, and then Slobodan Santrac (OFK Belgrade) and Antonis Antoniadis (Panathinaikos).

Just looking through the Getty archive at the pictures they have of Franny, some fantastic photos. The Guardian could easily have picked another dozen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.