Francis Lee RIP

He didn’t sack Colin.

Nijinsky's superior wanted a change of staff, and Frannie felt he had to back him, rather than Colin.

It was a very sad situation, and one I wish had never occurred, as do many others, I’m sure.

Buzzer tried repeatedly to reconcile them, but failed, as far as I know.
Who was the King’s superior Vienna, do you recall?

He didn’t sack Colin.

Nijinsky's superior wanted a change of staff, and Frannie felt he had to back him, rather than Colin.

It was a very sad situation, and one I wish had never occurred, as do many others, I’m sure.

Buzzer tried repeatedly to reconcile them, but failed, as far as I know.
Franny told whoever, that he would deal with the situation when he got back off holiday as he wanted to think about his options and he want to speak to Colin himself, unfortunately his instructions were not adhered to. When he got back Colin had been sacked which put Franny in a difficult position with his staff and his friend who took legal action, eventually loosing. I’m sure that they did speak eventually but the friendship was never repaired

Last edited:
Sincere Tribute to Franny in MOTD tonight mainly relating to what he did at CIty.

I wonder how Pep would have played him? I think, his big character and 100% commitment would have endeared him to Pep. BUT he might have had to tone down a trick or two. Lee was such forward thinking player...playing passes with the outside of his boot etc.. ahead of his time. Would be a great no 10 or 9 in today's City.

I’m not sure, BBS; wasn’t Colin coaching one of the youth teams?

I used "superior", as I didn’t want to apportion blame to the wrong person.
Colin was working coaching the kids and youth teams as youth development officer
He didn't see eye to eye with Neil McNab and raised his concerns with Franny who said, he would consider the matter
Then Colin and Terry Farrell, also a youth coach, were called into Frank Clark's office and told that they were dismissed McNab was also dismissed that day with no explanation

Franny said he was on holiday having left instructions not to do anything until he got back, the above happened which left him in a difficult position should be go against his manager and get Colin back or let it be and try and sort it Unfortunately Colin took legal action which I guess meant Franny couldn't talk to him

It went ugly very quick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.