Francis Lee RIP

Don’t know if I’m being harsh on the club or just have unrealistic expectations, but I expected a bit more yesterday.

The banner was absolutely fantastic, it’s nowt to do with that, I just thought there’d be more of a prolonged tribute/scarves on seats/display on the pitch/general making a fuss.

Maybe plans were hampered by the mandatory Middle East applause.

Don’t know if I’m being harsh on the club or just have unrealistic expectations, but I expected a bit more yesterday.

The banner was absolutely fantastic, it’s nowt to do with that, I just thought there’d be more of a prolonged tribute/scarves on seats/display on the pitch/general making a fuss.

Maybe plans were hampered by the mandatory Middle East applause.
Maybe just one gesture and not have it the middle of 3.

Less in more.

I found it totally confusing yesterday, whilst doing the minutes since I was thinking ' what about franny '.
Than at the end of a minutes silence the City players ran to their starting position leaving the Brighton players still stood around the centre circle.
The City players than came back to the cente circle.
The announcer than started to talk about Franny and we all started clapping. Than we are told a minute applause will start on the refs whistle !

City werent even wearing black armbands but wore them in the second half.

It seemed like a proper City cock up and I thought Franny deserved better than that.

Yes he got at great 3 minutes but it just seemed an odd start to match.

A minutes silence for troubles in the world, than 3 minutes applause, than taking the knee. Personally I thought this diminished the respect I wanted to show Francis Lee

Unfortunately, due to work, we weren’t able to make it in time for the pre-match tribute, but I’m appalled that we had a minute’s applause, rather than a silence for a true club legend.

Also the depiction of the iconic photo of Frannie on the wall at Newcastle in 1968 is terrible, IMHO. I would rather that the original picture was reproduced for it.

I found it totally confusing yesterday, whilst doing the minutes since I was thinking ' what about franny '.
Than at the end of a minutes silence the City players ran to their starting position leaving the Brighton players still stood around the centre circle.
The City players than came back to the cente circle.
The announcer than started to talk about Franny and we all started clapping. Than we are told a minute applause will start on the refs whistle !

City werent even wearing black armbands but wore them in the second half.

It seemed like a proper City cock up and I thought Franny deserved better than that.

Yes he got at great 3 minutes but it just seemed an odd start to match.

A minutes silence for troubles in the world, than 3 minutes applause, than taking the knee. Personally I thought this diminished the respect I wanted to show Francis Lee

Agree with all of the above. A disgrace by the club but that's what we stand for now politically, unfortunately. I'm too young to have seen Franny Lee play but have grown up knowing he is part of the DNA of the club. With conversations I've had with other longstanding ambassadors of the club, I'm not surprised. It's not the club we all grew up watching and I'm personally falling out of love with it a bit more by the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.