Francis Lee RIP

Unfortunately, due to work, we weren’t able to make it in time for the pre-match tribute, but I’m appalled that we had a minute’s applause, rather than a silence for a true club legend.

Also the depiction of the iconic photo of Frannie on the wall at Newcastle in 1968 is terrible, IMHO. I would rather that the original picture was reproduced for it.
I actually liked the round of applause as it broke out into a few cheers too, something ive never heard before

Agree with all of the above. A disgrace by the club but that's what we stand for now politically, unfortunately. I'm too young to have seen Franny Lee play but have grown up knowing he is part of the DNA of the club. With conversations I've had with other longstanding ambassadors of the club, I'm not surprised. It's not the club we all grew up watching and I'm personally falling out of love with it a bit more by the season.

I sort of know what you mean. I named my lad after Francis Lee, I so wanted it to be a special moment but it was robbed.

A minutes silence for the worlds troubles.

I didnt even know their was a big banner of Francis Lee at the bottom of the east stand as was in that stand so didnt notice it.

Lee was one of our generation heroes and I feel City didnt give him the respect he should of recieved.

The worst thing about this was the total lack of communication. When everything was black my father and I were convinced we were honouring Franny. The all the announcements about the other tragedy were made and I have the upmost respect for acknowledging that , however I spent that silence angry that seemingly we was not honouring Franny. The we had the applause which IMO we should never have for a passing and certainly not for someone so loved by our club. What are the odds on there being a Silence at the next match at Old Trafford rather than an applause?, and the great player they have just lost was no more critical to their club than the one we just lost.

great idea
I think it would be a great idea. The biggest problem will be the sweat on those shirts as they used cotton back then and not like today's shirts that can evaporate the sweat.

They basically would look like Aston Villa who had problems with the sweat not evaporating.

I would say Puma and Adidas create the shirts using the latest technology with the white collars and plain Light Blue and Red shirts.

The last time we wore a classic shirt which was Puma made. The players sweat was very visible.

The worst thing about this was the total lack of communication. When everything was black my father and I were convinced we were honouring Franny. The all the announcements about the other tragedy were made and I have the upmost respect for acknowledging that , however I spent that silence angry that seemingly we was not honouring Franny. The we had the applause which IMO we should never have for a passing and certainly not for someone so loved by our club. What are the odds on there being a Silence at the next match at Old Trafford rather than an applause?, and the great player they have just lost was no more critical to their club than the one we just lost.

This

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.