Francis Lee RIP

I think it would be a great idea. The biggest problem will be the sweat on those shirts as they used cotton back then and not like today's shirts that can evaporate the sweat.

They basically would look like Aston Villa who had problems with the sweat not evaporating.

I would say Puma and Adidas create the shirts using the latest technology with the white collars and plain Light Blue and Red shirts.

The last time we wore a classic shirt which was Puma made. The players sweat was very visible.

yeah I think less than a week they probably wont be able to do something, unless they were sponsorless

Was there even a highlights montage before the game? There wasn’t at half time.

Half time should have been 15 minutes of tribute to Francis Lee, his highlights, interview with Mike Summerbee/Tony Book not fucking Wingman’s Pumpkin Face Race.

Did the players warm up in any memorial shirts?

A total lack of respect to one of our true legends.

Half time should have been 15 minutes of tribute to Francis Lee, his highlights, interview with Mike Summerbee/Tony Book not fucking Wingman’s Pumpkin Face Race.

Well said Bang on

I agree, very disappointing

It's now monday morning and I'm still pissed of with the way it was handled. In fact getting more angry about it.

As an ex player and chairman and owner of City it should have been alot better.

I honestly thought City had forgotten and werent do anything for Francis Lee, I was getting more annoyed through the minutes silence.

City normally do these things well so i dont know why they cocked this up

I'd be careful to blame City. There is a very limited time that they can have the players on the pitch before a game and the Premier League mandating that there be a minutes silence pissed on the chips of any prolonged tribute that City would have wanted to do. It's a disgrace but that's the sad truth of it. The league wanted to be seen to be doing something for Israel/Gaza.

We didn't actually kick off until 15:02.

They will also mandate something for Bobby Charlton too for all clubs which seems completely excessive for the death of an 86 year old man not associated with every club in the division.

Was disgusting, football needs to fuck off with all the politics. I was fuming in 115 as many were, we go to football for our love of the club and an escape from the world, the bills. Family issues, keep all the other shit to yourself.

I'd be careful to blame City. There is a very limited time that they can have the players on the pitch before a game and the Premier League mandating that there be a minutes silence pissed on the chips of any prolonged tribute that City would have wanted to do. It's a disgrace but that's the sad truth of it. The league wanted to be seen to be doing something for Israel/Gaza.

We didn't actually kick off until 15:02.

They will also mandate something for Bobby Charlton too for all clubs which seems completely excessive for the death of an 86 year old man not associated with every club in the division.

I get your point but that wouldnt have stopped City warming up in Lee shirts, or the big screen showing Francis Lee.

I was pleased that I would be their to pay my respects, it seemed City weren't arsed.

As just said we go to football to get away from the shit in the world. Football is becoming more political and it's wrong.

As I said earlier a minutes silence followed by minutes applause than followed by taking the knee. I went to a football match not a fucking political rally

I get your point but that wouldnt have stopped City warming up in Lee shirts, or the big screen showing Francis Lee.

I was pleased that I would be their to pay my respects, it seemed City weren't arsed.

As just said we go to football to get away from the shit in the world. Football is becoming more political and it's wrong.

As I said earlier a minutes silence followed by minutes applause than followed by taking the knee. I went to a football match not a fucking political rally

I said to woman behind me in 115 are we having pass the parcel next , fuck off

Disappointed we didnt get a proper full minutes silence and a bit more of a tribute to Franny. He's a legend of the club and part of the very fabric of Manchester City. Why did we need a minutes silence for a war on another continent and a random reappearance of the taking the knee?

United will rightly make sure every ground in the country has a minutes silence and every team wears black armbands for Charlton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.