Frank De Boer (new boss?)

Stephenhakin said:
Anyone fancy De Boer. Young, ambitious, high regarded/respected. I for one think we could do a lot worse.Pretty sure he has won four titles on the spin ( something that has never been done in Holland before ) , has a high pressing style , likes to play 433. Anyone else think we could do a lot worse? He could be anything.

I'd love to see us taking a risk with him. I think what we need is a relatively young (they tend to be more energetic and passionate), no-nonsense kind of manager who will get full support from the board when it comes to ditching players as well as attaining new ones, and also when it comes to the managers desired formation/system.

Article from 2013:
Being Frank: De Boer admits he wants to become Manchester City boss.. but not yet.

Ajax boss Frank de Boer last night admitted that he wants to succeed Roberto Mancini at Manchester City – but not this summer.

De Boer is on his way to third Dutch league title in as many seasons and his plans could now mean Manchester City keep hold of Mancini this summer as they wait for the Dutchman to become available.

De Boer said: “Manchester City is something I want to do, yes! But it is difficult for me to move my family abroad at the moment. I have to consider others, not just myself.”

Ajax director Marc ­Overmars said: “Am I worried? Not for losing Frank now, but City will be a big competitor for his signature in the near future.”

And the Blues’ director Txiki Beguiristain is said to be a big fan of De Boer’s coaching style and Cruyff football vision which he has brought to Ajax, who dumped Manchester City out of the Champions League ­earlier this season.

Maybe now then?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-frank-de-boer-1830281" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-1830281</a>

I remember that article well.

Can't see any reason why he wouldn't be a success for us and hope that Paddy gets experience managing another club (Ajax maybe??) and returns to us as boss when the wheel takes another turn.

Matt the Giant said:
I didn't know Txiki had such admiration for Frank.

Me neither but when you think about it he is definitely in line with what Txiki wants. Really hope we do take a chance. Take Eriksen from Spurs then too.

He's been my 1st choice ever since burnley away. I'd have him and then paddy can either be assistant or as someone said above he can go to ajax and then return later on in the future.

But knowing Wallace and gromit they'll go for Benitez.

Let's see.
Age?
Top class playing experience?
Temperament?
Football strategic Intelligence?
Consistent winner?
Trusts youth players?
English (and probably Spanish) fluency?
Able to work as a team with Txiki?

I'm in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.