Frank Field Quits Labour

Corbyn didn't defy the whip on occasion, he did it all the time and on many key issues. He has even defied the views of his own party as leader on many issues, look at Trident for example. Christ knows what they think on Brexit.

The reason he never got booted out was because Labour at the time did not have a movement called Momentum which has the task of instigating the local removal of elected MP's to replace them with bots aligned to the Corbyn cause.

Momentum has even taken over the NEC of Labour which means a third party now effectively controls everything in the opposition in this country!

It will all end in tears, the general population will have their say and that is all that matters. The 0.1% who are actually involved in Labour and Momentum are completely irrelevant.

Personally I understand why he resigned and whether he was pushed or not is irrelevant, this is someone who served Labour for many years and gave Labour a safe seat for many years but was forced out basically for having a different view.

The fact Labour briefed against him the day after all that to make him look stupid just goes to show what a shocking party it has become and it will never have my vote.

Fascinating I'm sure, but hyperbole and nonsense nonetheless.

Corbyn did defy the whip, but he never rejected it, never resigned from the Party, never suffered a no confidence vote in his constituency and most of the time voted along Party lines. He was punished on occasion and it was discussed whether he should be expelled, but he wasn't for a number of reasons, mostly, in truth, because his protests had no policy ramifications, Labour did not lose a vote because of Corbyn, that could not be said of Field's latest rebellion on Brexit.

If one resigns the whip you are expelled, you can spit your dummy out as much as you like, that's always been the case and has not just been made up to do Field in.

As for the rest of your post, it's rambling reactionary nonsense, everything you don't like in the Labour Party is Momentum, in reality Field's constituency Party had had enough of him and his Brexit vote was the last straw.

That doesn't fit in with your toy town politics I know.

Things were so much better when third way blairites were parachuted in to constituencies, with all those well dressed placemen, journeymen and southern counties public school boys representing working class constituencies. If only we could snap our fingers and get rid of all those nasty left wingers we could have that nice Yvette Cooper running things and Labour would be 150% ahead in the polls.

I blame Momentum and the Smurfs.

smurfs1.jpg

Last edited:
Amazes me the number of Tory voters who spend so much time slagging of Corbyn and the way the Labour Party is heading.
If he is so awful surely like Mourinho they'd want him kept in place.

The in-fighting in their own party interests me not one jot. How they want to run a party I will never vote for is up to them.

I'm willing to bet that Frank field, with his enormous majority, and 77% of the vote in his constituency, will be
returned as an Independent MP at the next election.
Then we'll see how effective this 'Momentum' has been for the Labour party.

Fascinating I'm sure, but hyperbole and nonsense nonetheless.

Corbyn did defy the whip, but he never rejected it, never resigned from the Party, never suffered a no confidence vote in his constituency and most of the time voted along Party lines. He was punished on occasion and it was discussed whether he should be expelled, but he wasn't for a number of reasons, mostly, in truth, because his protests had no policy ramifications, Labour did not lose a vote because of Corbyn, that could not be said of Field's latest rebellion on Brexit.

If one resigns the whip you are expelled, you can spit your dummy out as much as you like, that's always been the case and has not just been made up to do Field in.

As for the rest of your post, it's rambling reactionary nonsense, everything you don't like in the Labour Party is Momentum, in reality Field's constituency Party had had enough of him and his Brexit vote was the last straw.

That doesn't fit in with your toy town politics I know, you need to sit down in a darkened room pal and contemplate why you know sweet Fanny Adams about f**k all.

The reason there was no ramifications for Corbyn was because no-one was listening to him and his seat could be relied upon. He was effectively a fringe minority back bench rebel, the one in the corner no-one really listened to.

The difference here is Corbyn set no party lines on Brexit, it isn't like there is a coherent Labour policy to vote on anyway is there? Let's not forget Corbyn himself is privately pro-Brexit himself, that is why he doesn't turn up to debates and refuses to participate in any conversation on it.

The local party for Fields instigated change because he was problematic, anti-Corbyn and his rebellions gave them an opportunity to get rid of him for someone more aligned to the cause.

He still won them a safe seat for years and represented Labour regardless. I think someone like that just deserves a bit more respect than to attempt to discredit and dismiss him hours after he had resigned.

I'm willing to bet that Frank field, with his enormous majority, and 77% of the vote in his constituency, will be
returned as an Independent MP at the next election.
Then we'll see how effective this 'Momentum' has been for the Labour party.

Birkenhead! You're having a laugh.

The reason there was no ramifications for Corbyn was because no-one was listening to him and his seat could be relied upon. He was effectively a fringe minority back bench rebel, the one in the corner no-one really listened to.

The difference here is Corbyn set no party lines on Brexit, it isn't like there is a coherent Labour policy to vote on anyway is there? Let's not forget Corbyn himself is privately pro-Brexit himself, that is why he doesn't turn up to debates and refuses to participate in any conversation on it.

The local party for Fields instigated change because he was problematic, anti-Corbyn and his rebellions gave them an opportunity to get rid of him for someone more aligned to the cause.

He still won them a safe seat for years and represented Labour regardless. I think someone like that just deserves a bit more respect than to attempt to discredit and dismiss him hours after he had resigned.

I amended my reply to you because I didn't want to piss on your chips.

But you can't see the wood for the trees, your hatred for Corbyn and what he stands for blinds you to obvious facts.

Birkenhead! You're having a laugh.

The Wirral had a 52% majority to remain in the EU. As a pro brexit independent he would not win but he would probably take all the labour leavers with him. It would be a very interesting dynamic as to who the rest would vote for. I guess that illustrates the opportunity for a center ground pro remain party that many predict will emerge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.