Frank Lampard..

mgreenz97 said:
Let's forget about all other aspects of his play style.
What's the one thing we've been lacking this season?
What is it that Lampard is getting almost every second game at the moment?

GOALS

If the basis for signing Lampard is "we need goals" then Cavani or Falcao would make more sense, in my opinion.

yes he scores goals, but part (part) of the reason Chelsea are so dodgy is because he doesn't do such a good job in midfield any more, he's not so effective all over the park.

He hasn't the legs to play high up the pitch and put in the defensive work for City, and so will need to drop deeper (like Gerrard and Scholes have), and I don't think his overall play is that great these days if you take away the goals (which a deep role would)

King-Kun said:
mgreenz97 said:

GOALS

If the basis for signing Lampard is "we need goals" then Cavani or Falcao would make more sense, in my opinion.

That's right, I forgot that both Cavani and Falcao will be available for free at the end of the season, how foolish of me.

The Flash said:
King-Kun said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Yes but considering his overall play was quite incredible and the fact he looks as fit as ever and never relied on pace means that he could quite conceivably unlike Gerrard for example play on late in to his career
To say he isn't good enough for us is quite simply just plain wrong

We'll have to disagree there.
I don't think he does move around the pitch half as well as before, which isn't suprising.
And his game was always about going from box to box.

He's not a player worth having (or even capable of playing) in a deep "Pirlo" role, because most of his worth is based on goals.

To whom do I complain?

Clearly when others entered this thread, they were given a pipe and a couple of rocks. Where the fuck are my drugs?? Where????

Why has King Kun been given his and I haven't????

Sarcastic twat !!!!

But I love it mate !! Hell of a put down. ;)

mgreenz97 said:
King-Kun said:
mgreenz97 said:

GOALS

That's right, I forgot that both Cavani and Falcao will be available for free at the end of the season, how foolish of me.

They wont be free. But that's because they have much more to offer.
Unless we're going to allow Lampard to have zero defensive duties (to keep up with the game) and put him as a second striker purely for his goals, we're going to look as dodgy in midfield as Chelsea do.

And if he's going to play a deep role (to save his legs, which on the basis of Chelsea's games -he needs), he won't score goals, so isn't that effective.

King-Kun said:
mgreenz97 said:
King-Kun said:

Unless we're going to allow Lampard to have zero defensive duties (to keep up with the game) and put him as a second striker purely for his goals, we're going to look as dodgy in midfield as Chelsea do.

And if he's going to play a deep role (to save his legs, which on the basis of Chelsea's games -he needs), he won't score goals, so isn't that effective.

You're stupidity gets more and more obvious.
Dodgy in midfield?
Yeah 10 goal and 9 assist Juan Mata has been shaky at best this season.
11 goal Lampard has been an embarassment.
7 goal and 7 assist Hazard has had a 'mare of a season.
Let's hope they don't reach the standards of Nasri or Barry because if they do the season is over for us.
FOOL

mgreenz97 said:
King-Kun said:
mgreenz97 said:

Dodgy in midfield?
Let's hope they don't reach the standards of Nasri or Barry because if they do the season is over for us.
FOOL

Yes Dodgy.. Chelsea have been awful in Europe, and in the league. They are good at times, and poor at times. A big part of this is their unbalanced midfield.

I don't get what Mata or Hazard have to do with this. They have goals and assists, but where has it taken Chelsea? As a unit, they are dodgy.
They have their own problems to sort in the summer (but that's another topic)

Yes, he scores goals, I never denied this. But his overall play (as a midfielder) is on the decline.
They only reason I see for signing Lampard is goals, because he can't dictate play like the likes of Pirlo or Alonso.
He'd probably get 10 goals for us next year, while Cavani could get us 40 while offering more. Worth paying for in my opinion.

King-Kun said:
mgreenz97 said:
King-Kun said:

Dodgy in midfield?
FOOL

Yes Dodgy.. Chelsea have been awful in Europe, and in the league. They are good at times, and poor at times. A big part of this is their unbalanced midfield.

I don't get what Mata or Hazard have to do with this. They have goals and assists, but where has it taken Chelsea? They have their own problems to sort in the summer (but that's another topic)

Yes, he scores goals, I never denied this. But his overall play (as a midfielder) is on the decline.
They only reason I see for signing Lampard is goals, because he can't dictate play like the likes of Pirlo or Alonso.

Chelsea's midfield has been their strongest positon.
There attack has been poor until very recently because they only had Torres as a striker.
Their defence has also been pretty poor.
The only problem with their midfield has been that Di Matteo and Rafa were choosing the wrong players for defensive midfielders against certain teams.

mgreenz97 said:
King-Kun said:
mgreenz97 said:
Dodgy in midfield?
FOOL

I don't get what Mata or Hazard have to do with this. They have goals and assists, but where has it taken Chelsea? They have their own problems to sort in the summer (but that's another topic)

There attack has been poor until very recently because they only had Torres as a striker.
The only problem with their midfield has been that Di Matteo and Rafa were choosing the wrong players for defensive midfielders against certain teams.

I still think Chelsea will bring in one or two midfielders in the summer.
But my point with Lampard isn't that he isn't worthy of being linked with us.
He's achieved too much for that to be the case....

But that a major part of the draw of having him is his goals. But the fact he scores goals shouldn't detract from the fact that his levels as a midfielder are really dropping.

He might be worth signing literally just to bring on as a second striker if we need a goal. But I'd be worried for us, if he was seen as a player to start most of our games.

King-Kun said:
mgreenz97 said:
King-Kun said:

But that a major part of the draw of having him is his goals. But the fact he scores goals shouldn't detract from the fact that his levels as a midfielder are really dropping.

He might be worth signing literally just to bring on as a second striker if we need a goal. But I'd be worried for us, if he was seen as a player to start most of our games.

Why are you taking as if we can only sign Lampard or Cavani.
Lampard will be available for FREE. We can sign both.
It's not like one will be filling in the same position as the other.

mgreenz97 said:
King-Kun said:
mgreenz97 said:

Why are you taking as if we can only sign Lampard or Cavani.
Lampard will be available for FREE. We can sign both.
It's not like one will be filling in the same position as the other.

True.. I'm just being stupid.
I was just worried that if we brought in Lampard, we then wouldn't bring in another solid midfielder, which we desperately need.

But I have faith that we wont make the same mistakes as last year. We'll get our deals done early (no deadline day deals) and send out a message of intent.
This is going to be a good summer, and next season we'll be more than ready.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.