Frank Sidebottom has died...

RIP Frank.

I've just spent a very pleasant hour on Youtube, reliving some classic moments and songs.

Also put a post up on Facebook and the reaction from some of my mates who are younger, and not aware of the genius of Frank Sidebottom, has been brilliantly bemused.

His comedy was weirdly balaced between the music hall and outright anarchy and was utterly and wonderfully unique.

Rest in Peace, Chris, Frank, little Frank and Amoeba Frank.

Absolute classic humour from my own youth: Radio Timperley, the Robbins aren't bobbins etc. Clearly remember seeing Frank at a Hacienda gig one Christmas time - I wish I could remember when and what the occasion was. - maybe someone on here also went? Anyway, just remember being bladdered and laughing my head off!

The Freshies also struck a chord with as they were a local band getting national exposure, at a time when none of the music industry/press ever bothered with Manchester.

Timperley`s finest............

l_77d6f9cd26a3868d226f1cb6397246a6.gif

R.I.P. Frank. many a comedy gold moment was provided during my youth. as an adult i've moved to hull where not many are aware of Mr.Sidebottom. my missus thought i was a bit daft when i introduced her to the tape i still have.

Frank, you'll be missed. you had a unique sense of humour, and it was absolutely bobbins. oh yes it was.

Just been looking through Youtube and had a right laugh. I will really miss the fella.

Fried Onions said:
Anyone remember City's pre season tour to IOM in 94' - Douglas, where he played that bar there - and at the end we all invaded the stage and tried to wrench his head off, was a top night and that papermached head is hard as fuck ! Was a proper rowdy, belly full of laughs kind of night.

Thats the thing with Frank - he made us smile - God bless 'im.

RIP
Brilliant night that, Busheys, it was packed, me and our kid got on the stage and started, "Little Franks disco pants are the best", then the stage invasion began, it was like being in the beer keller with those benches and long tables, Frank was in great form that night, you know he was, he really............................ was. it was a great few days over in IOM, blimey, 94, how time flies

blew said:
Fried Onions said:
Anyone remember City's pre season tour to IOM in 94' - Douglas, where he played that bar there - and at the end we all invaded the stage and tried to wrench his head off, was a top night and that papermached head is hard as fuck ! Was a proper rowdy, belly full of laughs kind of night.

Thats the thing with Frank - he made us smile - God bless 'im.

RIP
Brilliant night that, Busheys, it was packed, me and our kid got on the stage and started, "Little Franks disco pants are the best", then the stage invasion began, it was like being in the beer keller with those benches and long tables, Frank was in great form that night, you know he was, he really............................ was. it was a great few days over in IOM, blimey, 94, how time flies
was that the tour for a competition called the steam packet festival chaps? think flitcroft,uwe,walshy,curle beagrie etc were playing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.