Frankie Boyle dumped by C4 for Paralympic comments

stony said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Banned Tosspot said:
You do know that racism is a criminal offense though.

No - racism is not a criminal offence.

The Government today warned Sepp Blatter that racism is a criminal offence in Britain ahead of his visit to the London Olympics next year.
Sports Minister Hugh Robertson hit out as the Fifa president faced calls to quit after he said footballers who suffer abuse on the pitch should settle disputes with a handshake.
The quote is incorrect. (Not that you quoted it incorrectly but that subject matter is not accurate)

Edit: I see Skashion more than adequately put that across already, apologies.

hilts said:
black comedian says white man cant dance = funny

white comedian says black man cant swim = racist

how a joke is told and if you feel there is any malice in it is the only way you can judge it really

I agree - it is down to perceived intent,and any offence taken,but that in itself is very subjective and open to interpretation.
But once you start to regulate humour,where on earth do you start and stop?
And how would you enforce any laws on joke subject matter?

agreed the only joke i thought was well out of order was billy connelly just before that bloke got beheaded, it wasnt funny and certainly bordered on nasty and i usually find him funny, the public reaction was his censorship

l

hilts said:
hilts said:
black comedian says white man cant dance = funny

white comedian says black man cant swim = racist

how a joke is told and if you feel there is any malice in it is the only way you can judge it really

I agree - it is down to perceived intent,and any offence taken,but that in itself is very subjective and open to interpretation.
But once you start to regulate humour,where on earth do you start and stop?
And how would you enforce any laws on joke subject matter?

agreed the only joke i thought was well out of order was billy connelly just before that bloke got beheaded, it wasnt funny and certainly bordered on nasty and i usually find him funny, the public reaction was his censorship

l

But that's just it mate - if we don't like a comedian,then we switch channels,or don't see him at the Comedy Store,or whatever,same as we don't go to $old Trafford,other than derby matches.
Comedy will always divide opinion,both as to who is funny,and what subject matter is tasteful.
Best leave it open,in my opinion,and be your own best guide.

EDIT - the saints have just scored.
Now that is fucking funny!

Rightoldcharmer said:
SWP's back said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Well it looks like the folk that like him will have to shell out cash to see him as he's slowly but surely being taken off TV.
Already did anyway and it's only money.

-- Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:22 pm --

Rightoldcharmer said:
If you're a fan of Frankie Boyle,then no,you're not.The only thing worse than this dolt is the gullible fools that actually fork out money to watch him tell a bunch of jokes that he ripped off various internet sites.
Who were you before the ban?

Why do you assume that I'm a previously banned user?

He's not joolsbikini, he's just a new poster with sound views.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.