Frankly it is getting embarrassing.

inchy14 said:
HellasLEAF said:
I have no problem grinding out results, but it's usually the mantra of an inferior team that they should lineup up defensively with a hope to bottle the opposition first, and beat them second.

tied for 2nd fewest goals for at home with 7. Arsenal and United have 15, Chelsea 17. We have 8 away which is actually in the top half of the league.

Why do we have to sacrifice form and ambition for results? Don't we have a squad good enough to do both?

But we've played Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs,Scum and liverpool in our first 13 matches where as all of them have had a easier start than us and although i'd have liked us to score against the birminghams of this league we're still having to get used to playing against teams that require breaking down with 10 men behind the ball, this will take time for us to learn we're still a newish team ffs.

I'm not convinced breaking them down is Mancini's primary intent.

And only Spurs was away. We have @ United, @ Chelsea @ Arsenal and @ Liverpool in the 2nd half of the season. That's when Mancini's style will pay off. I think fans are right to criticize his tactics and selections when the points were more there for the taking!<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:24 pm --<br /><br />for the record, I still back Mancini I just think there is room for criticism here.

HellasLEAF said:
inchy14 said:
But we've played Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs,Scum and liverpool in our first 13 matches where as all of them have had a easier start than us and although i'd have liked us to score against the birminghams of this league we're still having to get used to playing against teams that require breaking down with 10 men behind the ball, this will take time for us to learn we're still a newish team ffs.

I'm not convinced breaking them down is Mancini's primary intent.

And only Spurs was away. We have @ United, @ Chelsea @ Arsenal and @ Liverpool in the 2nd half of the season. That's when Mancini's style will pay off. I think fans are right to criticize his tactics and selections when the points were more there for the taking!

-- Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:24 pm --

for the record, I still back Mancini I just think there is room for criticism here.

I agree that their is room for improvement going forward but apart from arsenal (against 10 men) we have kept clean sheets in all the other games which no matter how you look at it is the foundation for success.
What i have noticed from listening to fellow blues in the pub and at work etc.. most of the voices who want him out are the same ones who wanted hughes out and the majority dont even go to games. Can you imagine what they were like in the 90's they must have been suicidal.
Lets at least give him until the end of the season ffs.
My mate actually thinks to please all of these fans we should fuck subs off and have 5 managers on the bench and rotate these every time we concede or miss place a pass lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.