Franny Lee The Chairman

stony said:
I bet if people were honest, you'd find out of everyone who was around at the time, about 90% supported the "Forward With Franny" campaign. If you asked them now, I bet the same figure would think they wished they hadn't. Franny Lee was a fucking disaster as chairman, if only for bringing in our worst ever manager.

I'd go further than that and say worst two managers as Frank Clark (who had money to spend) was a total disaster. I mean Lee Bradbury for fucks sake says it all for me.

The two best signings made under FHL at City were Nicky Weaver and Wiekens. The rest were utter crap.

as you can see by my name he was a hero of mine.
im going to give you 2 little known facts of FHL

1 he was the 1st chairman to make a profit at the club since swales bullied himself into the club
2 if he had taken over in the nov and not the jan following year our manager would not
have been alan ball it would have been beckenbauer (check when he became manager of beyern)

the reason i know this is because i used to work for freddie pye and alot of "board"meetings were done at
this works(see summerbee etc at these meetings)

its just a pity he turned us around off the pitch but not on...........he really is a man city fan at heart

Blue Lloyd said:
The two best signings made under FHL at City were Nicky Weaver and Wiekens. The rest were utter crap.

You need to check your facts mate Kinkladze, Rosler & Goater??

THE BEST THINGS I REMEMBER FROM THE FRANNY LEE ERA:

1. THE PROTESTS - 'We want Swales out, I say we want Swales out!'

2. KINKLADZE MAGIC (Also Michael Brown lumberjacking opposition when losing)

3. THE SONG - 'Maybee, you're gonna be the one who saves me, and after all, you're my Alan Ball!' (although I had no faith in him)

APART FROM THAT THE FOOTBALL WAS DIRE AND WE WENT INTO FREEFALL...

BUT BIG JOE SAVED US!!

Blue Train said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Blue Train said:
Franny saved our club from oblivion. He was handed the wheel of the Titanic five minutes before it was due to hit the iceberg at full speed, and idiots still blame him for the hull damage.

He turned this club around after Swales's two decades of mismanagement and got us back on the road to the top. People will always associate him with the mad scramble for the lifeboats and ful scale panic, but he kept the ship intact and made sure we could repair the damage.

We've only just recovered from what Swales did to us.
I partly agree that Swales mismanaged the club, but the blame for bringing the worst professional manager in the history of the modern English game lays solely at his feet.

This is harsh. It's easy to slag off Ball but there are far worse managers out there (Brian Robson, anyone?) and we were relegated under Ball on goal difference. He actually had us playing some attractive football, particularly in the FA Cup game against the rags when we played them off the park until the ref handed them the worst penalty decision in FA Cup history.

Franny Lee turned our club around financially after Swales ran it into the ground. And that's a fact.

Worst Managers that Ball, what about Frank Clake !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.