Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing you meant "physically limited but decidedly brilliant" because suggesting he has been anything but superb in the last 2 seasons is laughable.

He’s superb defensively but this season he’s struggled somewhat without the presence of Matic. Going forward Kanté’s never been great.

Not that I have any idea how these deals work, but wouldn't there be an issue around player registration? We certainly could recall his loan, but if he wasn't registered to be in our squad, how could get play for us on his return?
I assumed he would be transferred and registered to us as a PL player but we would allow a loan back to Shaktar for as long as they stayed in the CL. We wouldn't be allowed to play him in the CL but he could provide cover in the PL and gain valuable experience.

Would Fred’s height be any concern? Well, to fill Fernandinho’s role, who rotates and sits in as a cb sometimes. Fernandinho also wins a lot of crucial headers. I normally never care about height.

In truth despite many thinking he can do a job there, it's quite rare that Fernandinho has been asked to fill in at CB. Even this season where we've been left short due to injuries, we've barely called on him to play there. Against United we moved him there and took him back out. Unless the manager suddenly starts to rate Tosin, i think we'll see another competent (but not necessarily big name) CB arrive in summer to provide extra cover, there meaning Fred wouldnt even come into consideration to play as a makeshift CB.

In truth despite many thinking he can do a job there, it's quite rare that Fernandinho has been asked to fill in at CB. Even this season where we've been left short due to injuries, we've barely called on him to play there. Against United we moved him there and took him back out. Unless the manager suddenly starts to rate Tosin, i think we'll see another competent (but not necessarily big name) CB arrive in summer to provide extra cover, there meaning Fred wouldnt even come into consideration to play as a makeshift CB.
I thought he was providing some LB cover, (or replacing Ferny when he can potentially slot in as CB in an emergency?) I assume we will have much better CB cover when Laporte signs later today.

I thought he was providing some LB cover, (or replacing Ferny when he can potentially slot in as CB in an emergency?) I assume we will have much better CB cover when Laporte signs later today.

From what I've read it sounds like he can play at LB (though I do think some of our fans have become a bit fixated on players being able to cover LB. The truth is we've just been very unlucky with injuries in that position)

I was more responding to concerns that his height prevents him from covering at CB. I don't think that matters at all. So long as he's the best option available in his best position, I don't really care whether he can do a job at CB or not. I don't like it when we put Fernandinho there either as we're weakening ourselves in an equally, if not more, important position. Whether or not he's tall enough to play CB in 5 or 6 games across his entire City career shouldn't be influencing anyone's thoughts on whether we should get him. Let's worry about CB cover separately and get Fred if he's deemed the best man for the job in his preferred position.

Laporte = 70 million euro
Fred = + 40 million euro
That means we spend 110 million euro in January , How this spending in January will affects on the financial accounts ??
Is this mean we will not make a profit this year ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.