Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kante played last season in a 3-4-3. Both him and Matic played as DMs. This season he is playing with Bakayoko as his DM partner. Even though Kante is a fantastic player, I don't think he could play as the only defensive midfielder in a 4-3-3
Why? I mean, aside of his bad passing? Because of his height?

Last edited:
Kante played last season in a 3-4-3. Both him and Matic played as DMs. This season he is playing with Bakayoko as his DM partner. Even though Kante is a fantastic player, I don't think he could play as the only defensive midfielder in a 4-3-3

Kanté’s a physically brilliant but decidedly limited player. I agree that he couldn’t do what Fernandinho dies for us.

Kanté’s a physically brilliant but decidedly limited player. I agree that he couldn’t do what Fernandinho dies for us.

I'm guessing you meant "physically limited but decidedly brilliant" because suggesting he has been anything but superb in the last 2 seasons is laughable.

Jose alvarez : The only difference between City and Shaktar for Fred is when he can leave the ukrainian club.Shaktar considers him a key player for Champions League this season.If Shaktar were out of Champions League now,Fred would be here. Let's see in the next hours because this could change.

Jose alvarez : The only difference between City and Shaktar for Fred is when he can leave the ukrainian club.Shaktar considers him a key player for Champions League this season.If Shaktar were out of Champions League now,Fred would be here. Let's see in the next hours because this could change.
Who do Shakhtar play in the round of 16 ?

I'm not sure DM's height is that important in counterpressing situations, when we lose the ball while attacking.
In the later phases City usually defend/press in 442. So, not much difference between 343 and 433 in that respect. I guess KdB will drop alongside Fred in such situations to add a bit of height/power. Inverted fullbacks may help as well, Pep has chosen tall ones for a reason.

Remember 2013/14 City-Bayern game? Did City exploit Lahm's lack of height? Lahm is of the same size as Fred.
http://footballia.net/matches/manchester-city-bayern-munchen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.