Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh bless :) I feel like a proud dad. 2 years ago Sheah would have been on the other side of this argument calling me silly. :)

Now he is all steeped in the lingo, the understanding and the rest. I'm tickled silly reading this :)

@Lancet Fluke you are next. :) I've seen a few drops of redpill moments, but I'm still waiting for the whole enchiladas :)

Neville on the other hand is proving a lot harder to flip :( But I'm still working

Think you might have me confused with someone else??

The only discussion I remember with you on here was you banging on about your obsession with statistics and me educating you that it’s better to watch so that you can see the decisions a player makes?

This point is especially true about the importance of pass selection in the DM role for us. Guess Nzonzi and Fernando’s pass completion stats are pretty similar to Fernandinho’s. But the quality and the intelligence of their passing is not in the same universe.

I actually created a thread a couple of years ago pointing out the absurdity of people putting Fernando and Fernandinho in the same box.

They are completely different players, couldn’t really be more different in terms of quality on the ball and pass selection. I assumed after this season every single City fan would have realised that. Clearly @Neville Kneville still hasn’t quite yet caught on, but at least you have, so that’s encouraging.

I get the idea he likes the attention of alerts as he seems to know everything about everything lol. There’s a few of those on here.... probably including me ;)
I was specifically saying the opposite. I didn't know :)

If we want both both Weigl and Fred, perhaps Fred is being brought in to play as an 8?

Fred-KDB
Weigl

Looks like a balanced midfield, but where does that leave Bernardo

Think you might have me confused with someone else??

The only discussion I remember with you on here was you banging on about your obsession with statistics and me educating you that it’s better to watch so that you can see the decisions a player makes?

This point is especially true about the importance of pass selection in the DM role for us. Guess Nzonzi and Fernando’s pass completion stats are pretty similar to Fernandinho’s. But the quality and the intelligence of their passing is not in the same universe.

I actually created a thread a couple of years ago pointing out the absurdity of people putting Fernando and Fernandinho in the same box.

They are completely different players, couldn’t really be more different in terms of quality on the ball and pass selection. I assumed after this season every single City fan would have realised that. Clearly @Neville Kneville still hasn’t quite yet caught on, but at least you have, so that’s encouraging.

No, only a football genius like you and Gary Neville, who can see things others don't, can understand the importance of this stuff.

Mere mortals just sit there with their mouths open, wondering what's going on.

In fact, now I'm beginning to understand, I wonder why Pep doesn't just play Silva there every week instead of Fernandinho.

There must be a reason, but I'm fucked if i can understand it.

Edit: wait! I know. He's too one footed.

If we want both both Weigl and Fred, perhaps Fred is being brought in to play as an 8?

Fred-KDB
Weigl

Looks like a balanced midfield, but where does that leave Bernardo

I'd say the position he currently plays, coming inside from right. I have a sneaky suspicion that they may try him as a false 9 in the future.

No, only a football genius like you and Gary Neville, who can see things others don't, can understand the importance of this stuff.

Mere mortals just sit there with their mouths open, wondering what's going on.

In fact, now I'm beginning to understand, I wonder why Pep doesn't just play Silva there every week instead of Fernandinho.

There must be a reason, but I'm fucked if i can understand it.

Edit: wait! I know. He's too one footed.

Well Guardiola promoted Busquets to the role at Barca. He bought Alonso for the role at Bayern. He plays Fernandinho there now. He’s buying Fred to play there. He binned Fernando off after barely playing him there. You do the math ;-)

Well Guardiola promoted Busquets to the role at Barca. He bought Alonso for the role at Bayern. He plays Fernandinho there now. He’s buying Fred to play there. He binned Fernando off after barely playing him there. You do the math ;-)

I would if I knew what the fuck Fernando had to do with me saying Fred is not the same kind of player as Fernadinho. He isn't.

In fact Ndzonzi is more like Fernandinho than Fred is.

The reason for me making that comment, if you actually watch what Fern does in CITY'S team, that's CITY (clue: not Barca or Bayern but CITY) will give you an idea , as to why Pep doesn't play David or Bernardo Silva in that position.

And Gundgan today btw, playing next to Fern, made Fernando look like fucking Xavi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.