French politics | Macron calls shock GE

The election was held on 8th November. She conceded defeat the following day.

Trump, on the other hand, continues to lie the 2020 election was stolen and has still not conceded almost 4 years later.

Trump is a ****, Hilary was too.

I am not supporting Trump just pointing out the hypocrisy of the whingers who said Hilary and the Democrats never did it.

Trump is a ****, Hilary was too.

I am not supporting Trump just pointing out the hypocrisy of the whingers who said Hilary and the Democrats never did it.

The very crucial and obvious difference here is that Hilary is complaining about actual real things that happened during the campaign. She’s not claiming that she actually won the election but the counts were rigged or there was some kind of shadow plot to stuff ballot boxes. Whether or not the things that happened to her are perceived as legitimate grievances is a moot point, we all accept the investigation into her did take place. She didn’t fail to concede on the fact she didn’t win enough votes - she accepted that as irrefutable and conceded straight away.

Trump and his replicants in other countries all cry foul based on conspiracy and things that have zero basis in factual reality.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with people calling out voter suppression tactics. There is absolutely something wrong with just making shit up about vote rigging to rile up your base. There is a chasm of difference between these two things.

The French NR can feel aggrieved that the alliance against them has stopped them. Fine, whatever - I don’t have a huge problem with Bardella’s statement - it’s sort of expected. But as usual the Twitterati are out there claiming foul play that has no basis in reality.

The very crucial and obvious difference here is that Hilary is complaining about actual real things that happened during the campaign. She’s not claiming that she actually won the election but the counts were rigged or there was some kind of shadow plot to stuff ballot boxes. Whether or not the things that happened to her are perceived as legitimate grievances is a moot point, we all accept the investigation into her did take place. She didn’t fail to concede on the fact she didn’t win enough votes - she accepted that as irrefutable and conceded straight away.

Trump and his replicants in other countries all cry foul based on conspiracy and things that have zero basis in factual reality.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with people calling out voter suppression tactics. There is absolutely something wrong with just making shit up about vote rigging to rile up your base. There is a chasm of difference between these two things.

The French NR can feel aggrieved that the alliance against them has stopped them. Fine, whatever - I don’t have a huge problem with Bardella’s statement - it’s sort of expected. But as usual the Twitterati are out there claiming foul play that has no basis in reality.

Mate, she said that he was illegitimate and that she was robbed. This isn't an I love Trump defence it's just what happened.

Interesting catching a snippet on Channel 4 News last night and the point being made to one of the French people they had on - I think she was a political commentator - that following the Brexit vote it's been a chaotic last 8 years in the UK politically when compared to the likes of European powerhouses France and Germany, yet now we appear to be entering calmer waters (for the time being at least), while France (and to a lesser extent Germany) now appear to have descended into political chaos. It was a point that she agreed with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.