Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed that Liverpool have the best strikeforce, best keeper, best centre halves, best fullbacks and best midfield with a world class manager and aren't red hot favourites for everything.
They're probably red hot favourites for runners up at the moment, I can already hear them prepping the open top bus to celebrate.

Never watched the guy before other than youtube bits. Playing for a move ? Far from impressive against the might of Athens.

I would like to see De Jong play against us (hopefully in the Champions League round of 16) or against a strong team in Europe, to draw better deductions about this player, because the Dutch league is a paper league, it is not too meritorious highlight there.

I'm amazed that Liverpool have the best strikeforce, best keeper, best centre halves, best fullbacks and best midfield with a world class manager and aren't red hot favourites for everything.
You missed mentioning - the best atmosphere and best referees

Never watched the guy before other than youtube bits. Playing for a move ? Far from impressive against the might of Athens.
I have a lot of faith in Pep and co to take the right call after watching today's display from someone who was merely a promising young left sided CB on a mid table la Liga club, yet his team somehow figured it was worth going back and pay a record fee despite being rejected once.

It’s about a handful of things for Pep and the Execs.

1) Obviously, he can play, but I s he technically gifted enough to play for Pep?
2) Is he young enough to be worth paying a fortune?
3) Is he better than anything we have, or are on the cusp of having from the Academy?
4) Does he have the temperament and “upbringing” (football and social) to fit into what has already been built? Is he humble enough to be sat on the bench or worse if he doesn’t buckle under and give himself over to the Revolution?
5) What does he bring to the table that someone in the squad doesn’t already have to be able to fill the hole?

People laud Pep for the way he plays and the goals and the flow and you name it. However, Pep knows, and constantly states, IT IS THE QUALITY OF THE PLAYERS that makes all the difference in the world. If we are going to pay an arm and a leg for someone, do they have the QUALITY needed to fit in immediately and produce?

not convinced the right player is out there right now for our answer at cdm. would've like to see rabiot brought back on the cheap.

not convinced the right player is out there right now for our answer at cdm. would've like to see rabiot brought back on the cheap.
Ndombele looked alright last night! Had the highest passes and success ratio after our back 5, plus the most successful long balls. Big, strong, young. He looks like a new fangled version of Fernandinho, which is high praise from me because I LOVE Ferna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.