Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no shit, me too. Still don’t understand why we need FDJ when we have KDB, Gundogan, Merlin, Bernardo, Foden who could all act as a metrnome, but no-one close to Fernandinho when it comes to breaking up counters and winning back possession.

IIRC no one in Holland wins the ball back more than FDJ. He makes an absurd amount of interceptions and tackles. If you think he doesn't win the ball back, you can't be watching him.

frenkie3_600x429.jpg

Here's the graph for the whole of Europe's top 5 leagues. Tackles + Interceptions very near the top of the chart, and at a success rate that's miles away from everyone else.

The reason people are excited about De Jong is because he can dictate a game, and split a defence from deep, but he also does the dirty work in midfield.

Last edited:
You want Phil Foden to play DM?
No, but I don’t think FDJ is a pure DM anyway. Besides, why couldn’t he? He has the same qualities as Merlin and he tackles/intercepts/wins the ball back extremely well for a little guy. Give Phil a year or two, and he could play anywhere in midfield for our team.

IIRC no one in Holland wins the ball back more than FDJ. He makes an absurd amount of interceptions and tackles. If you think he doesn't win the ball back, you can't be watching him.

frenkie3_600x429.jpg

Here's the graph. Tackles + Interceptions very near the top of the chart, and at a success rate that's miles away from everyone else.
Hadn’t seen much of him tbh. 9 recoveries a game is very good for a midfielder, especially for one with such high pass completion.

Another Busquets?

Hadn’t seen much of him tbh. 9 recoveries a game is very good for a midfielder, especially for one with such high pass completion.

Another Busquets?
Don't want to get you excited, but he is better than Busquet at the same age.

Don't want to get you excited, but he is better than Busquet at the same age.

Definition of hyperbole, by 21 years of age Busquets had won every trophy there was to win in club football and displaced Yaya Toure from the starting XI - not to mention coming out of obscurity (Spanish 4th division) the year before

I like Ten Cate's description of the player - blend of Deco & Busquets

Not his best game as he was caught in possession on occasion and he couldn't orchestrate as he likes,but he still showed moments of quality and very rarely loses composure.In fairness,the Dutch were all off their game despite an excellent comeback.

If you think he doesn't win the ball back, you can't be watching him.
To be fair he did say 'Not seen enough of him to comment' before explaining why he's not what we need and that we should play Foden there.

'Of course I trust Pep, and he’s proven me so wrong in the past', now there's a shocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.