Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I say, it's a credible report/rumour but does not equate to a done deal.

Ajax has long been in the driver's seat going into 2019 summer transfer window to profit as much as they can so they have no incentive to close a deal any sooner than they have to. The key driver in where De Jong is to end up is the will of the player, the rest is a question of negotiations. Could just as easily be a negotiating ploy to drive up terms from City/Barca/Bayern et al.

So, could Frenkie have already made it clear his desire to go to PSG? Sure & indeed it would be done & dusted but it would surprise me, especially this early. Early days I continue to believe

As I say, it's a credible report/rumour but does not equate to a done deal.

Ajax has long been in the driver's seat going into 2019 summer transfer window to profit as much as they can so they have no incentive to close a deal any sooner than they have to. The key driver in where De Jong is to end up is the will of the player, the rest is a question of negotiations. Could just as easily be a negotiating ploy to drive up terms from City/Barca/Bayern et al.

So, could Frenkie have already made it clear his desire to go to PSG? Sure & indeed it would be done & dusted but it would surprise me, especially this early. Early days I continue to believe

Exactly this. Ajax will surely have told De Jong he can leave next summer so long as the club can extract the absolute best price, which needs him to also play his part.

There's no way Barca would not conclude a deal if City weren't even a contender.

A similar story was leaked last month when Txiki met Overmars and the same outlet said we had bid £75m.

Now I’m no journalism expert or have no idea of the process in making transfer deals but the only thing in the stuff written about this that seems like it has any validity is that Overmars has had meetings with representatives of PSG, the rest of it seems like guess work as words like may have have been used .
The lad may have chosen PSG he may also have chosen us or Barca but I would be surprised if he has chosen anyone just yet while other teams are showing there hands.

Sure I read somewhere this is his agents chance for a once in a lifetime payday, could be a factor, money for old rope

Where did anyone say they hadn't?

The story states we have pulled out because of FFP, which simply can't be true, as the media outlet in question doesn't know where we stand with UEFA, nor City as yet.

The only thing concrete is Paris making an approach, like City and Barca have recently.

The story said FFP had slowed us down, not made us pull out.

As translated by a dutch person on reddit -

Manchester City also held a lot of talks with de Jong, his agent and Ronald Koeman. De Jong was really charmed by Pep and seemed ready to sign with them. However, while the club believes they won't get punished for breaching FFP, it made them less anxious to spend a transfer record fee on him and the deal slowed down, which led PSG to strike.

If we are waiting for a decision by UEFA in any way or as you put it City don't know where we stand, that would slow us down.

@tolmie's hairdoo I appreciate your concerns over the veracity of the report, given the claims about FFP regarding City.

But, given the recent posturing by the club in terms of wages and transfer fees, could you really see us pay 75m for a 21 year old CDM, when we were haggling over 15m for an experienced PL winning forward and former POTY just 6 months ago?

De Jong and his agent Ali Dursun spent a day after Germany - the Netherlands (2-2) a lightning visit to England, where they spoke to Pep Guardiola for hours. The two 'hung on the lips of Guardiola'. The City manager has never made it a secret that he is very charmed by De Jong.
Guardiola lunched on Sunday, September 4, with National Team Manager Ronald Koeman - together with City's technical director Txiki Begiristain. It turned out that the arrival of De Jong was a priority. Still, the Premier League leader broke down. It may have to do with the fact that the club is under investigation because of non-compliance with the Financial Fair Play rules, although this is denied by City.

From today in De Telegraaf premium. According to him City pulled out for some reason. Which he thinks is FFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.