Frenkie de Jong

I think Ake is our best current solution for left back. Stones can cover right back and can cover centre back.
Definitely not, for God’s sake. People are so used to this minimalist squad that they already think like the actual squad is in injury crisis

If Laporte is leaving, put everything you own on Pau Torres to City. The most ‘City’ transfer imaginable.
I would take him, to be clear, in case my previous comment seemed ambiguous. Just not sure he should be the number one target

This is a weird one, to me. Is he a Ferna replacement? I can't quite see him as the six in our system. Is he a Gundogan replacement, if the back stuff is true? I thought that was where Grealish was going to end up. Is he a Bernardo replacement, if he gets his move back to Iberia? It's all a bit up in the air as to what's going on with our midfield right now, and if as many players leave as they could, then we're going to need more than Frenkie to cover the gaps.

Perhaps the idea is to move Gundogan to be the second CDM for rare occasions, and have Frenkie replace him in the more fluid/box-to-box midfield role. In any case, I think a striker and a pure CDM and RB should be our priorities. I think Cancelo is our LB now, he plays better there than on the right IMO, and Zinny/Ake are more than enough to cover. Walker needs some good competition, though, and Stones isn't that. However, if one of Bernardo or Gundogan leaves, then we'll need someone to cover them who isn't also doing Ferna's job. It's just a big cloud of possibilities.

The one certainty is that we fucking need a striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.