Frenkie de Jong

This is a weird one, to me. Is he a Ferna replacement? I can't quite see him as the six in our system. Is he a Gundogan replacement, if the back stuff is true? I thought that was where Grealish was going to end up. Is he a Bernardo replacement, if he gets his move back to Iberia? It's all a bit up in the air as to what's going on with our midfield right now, and if as many players leave as they could, then we're going to need more than Frenkie to cover the gaps.

Perhaps the idea is to move Gundogan to be the second CDM for rare occasions, and have Frenkie replace him in the more fluid/box-to-box midfield role. In any case, I think a striker and a pure CDM and RB should be our priorities. I think Cancelo is our LB now, he plays better there than on the right IMO, and Zinny/Ake are more than enough to cover. Walker needs some good competition, though, and Stones isn't that. However, if one of Bernardo or Gundogan leaves, then we'll need someone to cover them who isn't also doing Ferna's job. It's just a big cloud of possibilities.

The one certainty is that we fucking need a striker.
I said before: if the idea is to bring Bellingham next summer, then FdJ in this one is the perfect long term transition. He can play as 6 when needed.

I think people still can’t quite see that if he comes, in three years he could be our most important player structurally

Marca deny City interest:
The future of Frenkie de Jong is all unknown. The Dutchman is not offering his best performance this season and the club does not rule out that he could leave in the summer. The sale of him would bring a few million to a club whose financial situation is very delicate. If a good offer arrives at the Camp Nou, the Sporting Directorate will make a decision in this regard.

The player, meanwhile, is not comfortable at all. He is not playing as much as he would like considering that he is one of the players who should have more weight in the team for the money that was paid for him. He is seeing how he is replaced by Xavi in practically every game. In his mind he is already considering the idea of being able to leave Barcelona in the next market.

One of the destinations that is being considered is that of Manchester City, according to the English press. A few months ago, the club studied his signing as a possibility to reinforce the squad. However, today his signing him for Guardiola's team is totally ruled out. The ex Barcelona technician does not contemplate the incorporation of the Dutch to the staff of him. City's defeat against Madrid has opened the rumor mill about transfers and there is talk of a possible exchange with Bernardo Silva . However, De Jong will not sign for the citizens.

There are two other clubs that have Frenkie in mind: Manchester United and Bayern . In the first is Ten Hag, a coach with whom he played his best games at Ajax, however the fact that he is not going to play in the next edition of the Champions League is a considerable brake. The German club has been following the footballer for a long time and could try to sign him next summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.