Frenkie de Jong

He needs a chance to play. Then we will decide.

Torres had one last year and gets another one.
Pretty clear he isn’t going to get the chance though as Pep mustn’t think he’s good enough for our level. The competition for places in midfield will be ridiculous and about 3 league cup appearances whilst playing u23’s aren’t going to be enough for his progress over the next 12 months.

He's a huge upgrade on Rodri, but his wages are astronomical, reportedly on around £350k a week.

Defensively he's worse than Rodri. Wins fewer tackles, interceptions, headers. Doesn't play anywhere near the quantity or quality of long passes that Rodri does. Gets dispossessed more often.

Don't get me wrong, De Jong is a fantastic player and excellent on the ball, but he plays more like Gündy than anyone else in our team. If people don't think Rodri gives us enough protection, then I'm not sure De Jong is the answer to their prayers.

Pretty clear he isn’t going to get the chance though as Pep mustn’t think he’s good enough for our level. The competition for places in midfield will be ridiculous and about 3 league cup appearances whilst playing u23’s aren’t going to be enough for his progress over the next 12 months.
I reckon Doyle will end up signing for a decent Championship club as his first club after City.

This is pie in the sky. As someone stated above, he is not a defensive midfielder. This would mean he would be competing with Gundy, and apparently Grealish. He ain't coming, and hasn't actually dragged Barca out of the mire. Barca have a great side on paper, but they have very little dog or leadership. De Jong is not the style or character we should be looking at, and I highly doubt we are looking at him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.