Frenkie de Jong

You lose something if you play De Jong anywhere that isn't DM.

His unique skillset means he's great at playing forward passes from deep, and he's also great at making progressive runs from deep.

I used to think this but Koeman played him more box to box last season and he was absolutely incredible. His understanding of space and timing that you see in his passing carries through to making runs into the box and he scored some great goals and was a real threat.

You lose something if you play De Jong anywhere that isn't DM.

His unique skillset means he's great at playing forward passes from deep, and he's also great at making progressive runs from deep.
As Dom said, Koeman did play him box-to-box, but he also played him as a CB in a back 3, arguably when Barca had their best run.

I think he is more adapatable than people give him credit for: CB (in a back 3), DM, box-to-box CM, he is great at all of these roles.

his best stretch last season was when he played as a ball carrying center back indeed. he aint half as good as an 8.

Ajax coach played him in a double pivot, where it was harder to man mark him and where he also could move forward while keeping a defensive mid still. so 4-2-3-1 is the best system for him probably

To me De Jong would be the perfect Bernardo replacement in our team. Play him as a box to box midfielder and he’ll light it up. Too bad it’s never going to happen

To me De Jong would be the perfect Bernardo replacement in our team. Play him as a box to box midfielder and he’ll light it up. Too bad it’s never going to happen
After watching the game last night, I would be doing everything to try and make this happen.

Jesus, Laporte, Sterling and Bernardo all could move on, get on the phone.

Our friend, José, says that Barcelona would be willing to sell Frenkie De Jong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.