Frenkie de Jong

If and it’s a big if at the moment due to Barcelona’s financial problems. I would take the swap. He is a tidy player with a wide ranging skill set. Yes we will not be able to replace some of Bernie’s traits and will need to evolve the midfield. No player is irreplaceable.

If I was City, I would grab the bull by the horn and do the swap plus Barca pay us £50m. Get Bellingham next season and we have an awesome set of midfielders.

He wants out so do it on our terms.

If and it’s a big if at the moment due to Barcelona’s financial problems. I would take the swap. He is a tidy player with a wide ranging skill set. Yes we will not be able to replace some of Bernie’s traits and will need to evolve the midfield. No player is irreplaceable.

If I was City, I would grab the bull by the horn and do the swap plus Barca pay us £50m. Get Bellingham next season and we have an awesome set of midfielders.

He wants out so do it on our terms.
The issue or one of them is the wages De Jong is on. Huge in comparison to Bernardo.
Edit : if all the press about wages etc is true of course.

The issue or one of them is the wages De Jong is on. Huge in comparison to Bernardo.
Edit : if all the press about wages etc is true of course.
Is it more the fact they owe him deferred wages? He’d probably take a wage cut if he left with the £17m he’s reportedly owed??

Is it more the fact they owe him deferred wages? He’d probably take a wage cut if he left with the £17m he’s reportedly owed??
Why? Footballers only ever sign 3 maybe 4 big contracts. When you sign a pro contract for say £30m over 5 years why would you ever take less than £30m - you only leave if you get offered more. Only exception is players that really want to play or fall out with a manager but in this case he clearly wants to be there and to prove himself.

Barca are in a mess but that sort of money is not going to finish them. He just needs to sit tight and that money will be his.

Why? Footballers only ever sign 3 maybe 4 big contracts. When you sign a pro contract for say £30m over 5 years why would you ever take less than £30m - you only leave if you get offered more. Only exception is players that really want to play or fall out with a manager but in this case he clearly wants to be there and to prove himself.

Barca are in a mess but that sort of money is not going to finish them. He just needs to sit tight and that money will be his.
Depends what his wages actually are - and if he wants to feel “wanted”. He’s on so much, a cut wouldn’t really matter if you were also coming away with £17m

FDJ to replace Bernardo, then Bellingham to replace gundo next season.

A midfield of De Bruyne, FDJ, Bellingham, Rodri and Phillips would be immense. Even more so if we start to get Foden some game time as an 8.
And Alfie up top.

I'd sacrifice any trophy this season for that all to come to pass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.