Frenkie de Jong

The Sun report this morning is a shred. Admittedly a tiny one.

We’d be stupid not to be interested if he’s being offered about.

Not really. Wild guess at best.

He's been offered about every window, the last 3 or 4 windows at least. During which time they showed real interest in a number of our players they couldn't raise funds for. Torres, Gundo (pre end of contract), Bernardo, Cancelo, Laporte, all of which supposedly Wanted to move there but our very reasonable fee demands were a stretch for them. There have been all sorts of meetings between the two clubs too. He is a player they desperately want off their books, to the point they publicly pushed him and accused him of holding back their development. And yet in all those discussions not once has he been linked with any form of a swap deal, transfer, loan or anything. Really tells you that City are just not interested.

Not really. Wild guess at best.

He's been offered about every window, the last 3 or 4 windows at least. During which time they showed real interest in a number of our players they couldn't raise funds for. Torres, Gundo (pre end of contract), Bernardo, Cancelo, Laporte, all of which supposedly Wanted to move there but our very reasonable fee demands were a stretch for them. There have been all sorts of meetings between the two clubs too. He is a player they desperately want off their books, to the point they publicly pushed him and accused him of holding back their development. And yet in all those discussions not once has he been linked with any form of a swap deal, transfer, loan or anything. Really tells you that City are just not interested.
Not sure it says we aren’t interested, I expect if we thought there was a deal to be done we would be very interested. It’s just a very difficult deal to do, not least because we don’t know if the player is even willing to move, then any swaps with players doesn’t help their wage problems.

Haaland is a bigger superstar than De Jong and was before he joined us. Absolute phenom and all the big clubs were interested.
It's not even close...Haaland and Mbappe are the 2 most coveted players in world football today. FDJ would be behind DeBruyne, Rodri and possibly Bernardo at City. That said I'd have no problem whatsoever were he to come here. Right now, I'd say it's a massive longshot...JMO

Not sure it says we aren’t interested, I expect if we thought there was a deal to be done we would be very interested. It’s just a very difficult deal to do, not least because we don’t know if the player is even willing to move, then any swaps with players doesn’t help their wage problems.

I think it is the other way round. IF we were interested, then both clubs would have looked at possibilities of is there a deal to be done. And there would be rumours or links, if nothing else from the Barcelona side who leak everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.