Frenkie de Jong

I know he was very highly rated before he went to Barca and we pushed for him as a Fernandinho replacement. From the sound of things he is now more a box to box player. Would he replace Fernandinho at this stage?

It could be a case of bad timing in that with Bernardo, Gundogan, Grealish, KDB, Foden, Palmer and hopefully McAtee down the line we are well covered at the moment. Obviously with Bernardo pushing for the door last summer and Gundogan just turned 31 there could space down the line but it could right player wrong time.

The answer to this question, while Pep is here, will always be yes. Lol. Did we really need Grealish? And who knows what plan Pep would have for him.
I can understand grealish because of having an option for creativity in the side, the profile made a lot of sense for me, but Frenkie won't bring anything Gundogan, Rodri and Bernardo don't in the middle. I could be wrong obviously, but we'll see. I won't be mad if he comes, he's a fantastic player, just can't see it happening is all. Plus the wages he's on, I can see him going Bayern.

Would love this guy, ultimate baller, plays the game as I love to see it.

If Ten Hag were to replace Pep at some stage, all the better.

We still aren't sure Laporte will stick around and Frenkie would be ideal to cover a variety of departures, whether they be Laporte, Fern or Gundo in the future.

Pep is already on record of late admitting when Barca come for a player, it is hard to resist, especially combined with their huge media machine and outrageous pay terms.

I'm sure Pep didn't hold it against Frenkie when he had a last minute change of heart.

If we somehow got Frenkie in exchange for Sterling, I'd be confident the next Pep team would be his greatest, should it also include Haaland.

Would love this guy, ultimate baller, plays the game as I love to see it.

If Ten Hag were to replace Pep at some stage, all the better.

We still aren't sure Laporte will stick around and Frenkie would be ideal to cover a variety of departures, whether they be Laporte, Fern or Gundo in the future.

Pep is already on record of late admitting when Barca come for a player, it is hard to resist, especially combined with their huge media machine and outrageous pay terms.

I'm sure Pep didn't hold it against Frenkie when he had a last minute change of heart.

If we somehow got Frenkie in exchange for Sterling, I'd be confident the next Pep team would be his greatest, should it also include Haaland.

Struggling to see how FDJ cover's Laporte leaving?

I love him as a player but we just don't have the space for him unless multiple 8's leave.

I love him as a player but we just don't have the space for him unless multiple 8's leave.
He played CB at Ajax a fair bit, but that doesn’t mean he’d cut the mustard in a more difficult league.

Would also halt any of the academy lads from starting spots because Frenkie isn't someone you can drop either

He can play centre half more than capable, certainly better than Rodri or Fern has.

Losing Fern and may have to start thinking about Gundo and what he also wants to do at this stage of his career.

I know he was very highly rated before he went to Barca and we pushed for him as a Fernandinho replacement. From the sound of things he is now more a box to box player. Would he replace Fernandinho at this stage?

It could be a case of bad timing in that with Bernardo, Gundogan, Grealish, KDB, Foden, Palmer and hopefully McAtee down the line we are well covered at the moment. Obviously with Bernardo pushing for the door last summer and Gundogan just turned 31 there could space down the line but it could right player wrong time.
He can do what rodri does and more. They would rotate i'd imagine with fern taking a backseat. He'd also rotate with gundo...he'd play multiple positions around the centre as the best players always can.

He can play centre half more than capable, certainly better than Rodri or Fern has.

Losing Fern and may have to start thinking about Gundo and what he also wants to do at this stage of his career.

He can play CB in an emergency, if you asked him to come to City and be a CB he'd hang up the phone.

For all his faults, Koeman showed De Jong's an 8, and the closer to goal the better. Playing that role last season he was arguably Barcelona's best player (which meant something when Messi was still there). He has a lot of similarities with Gundo last season, but I don't see how it ever fits.

Even if Gundo and Bernardo goes, Foden and Grealish are destined for the centre sooner or later, the club rate McAtee, there's no room for a 26 year old on €400k/week.

Plus the wages he's on, I can see him going Bayern.
This makes no sense at all. We pay better wages than Bayern. He makes more than Lewandowski. How would Bayern pay him and we wouldn’t when we pay (significantly) more for a midfielder than they pay for their worldclass centerforward? If anything, he will never end up at Bayern unless he made significantly less. For same or similar wages, he would come here.
It’s astonishing than even a reasonable member like yourself can’t fully accept that we are at the top of the food chain in terms of money in football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.