Friendlies - what have we found out?

SuperSilva said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Pellegrini is trying different systems hes a smart cookie. The Bayern game was an indication of this. Plus he doesn't want to give too much away to rival opposition pre season. All will be well, on the day.

This all day!

The Arsenal game was not a must win for Pellegrini... it was another system change to fine tune and see what systems will work against what teams... Big headed i know, but think Arsenal will not beat us home or away this season because Pellegrini took more from that game that Wenger has...

if we on BM are screaming from the hills that the high line caused 2-3 goals within 10 mins in the Arsenal and AC Milan game, I am certain he Pellegrini know it too. If Pellegrini did not play the system of deep defending against Bayern I would worry, but I am sure he is getting the team to "feel" the different systems and get an idea of which players will flourish in which system.

People forget that Pellegrini is a master tactician and he adjusts systems midway through a game using tactical substitutions which throws off the opposition team ... he had done this a lot at Malaga with the resources he had.

Can't wait for next Monday

Good post.

It was useful to remind me that in the previous game he set us up so that the might of CL Champions Bayern Munich, playing a full-strength, league-ready team, in Germany, with a German ref... could not break us down over 45 minutes. And they needed a ridiculous penalty in order to win - or perhaps even to draw - the game.

That does not mean we have a broken defence that needs sorting ;-)

Chippy_boy said:
SuperSilva said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Pellegrini is trying different systems hes a smart cookie. The Bayern game was an indication of this. Plus he doesn't want to give too much away to rival opposition pre season. All will be well, on the day.

This all day!

The Arsenal game was not a must win for Pellegrini... it was another system change to fine tune and see what systems will work against what teams... Big headed i know, but think Arsenal will not beat us home or away this season because Pellegrini took more from that game that Wenger has...

if we on BM are screaming from the hills that the high line caused 2-3 goals within 10 mins in the Arsenal and AC Milan game, I am certain he Pellegrini know it too. If Pellegrini did not play the system of deep defending against Bayern I would worry, but I am sure he is getting the team to "feel" the different systems and get an idea of which players will flourish in which system.

People forget that Pellegrini is a master tactician and he adjusts systems midway through a game using tactical substitutions which throws off the opposition team ... he had done this a lot at Malaga with the resources he had.

Can't wait for next Monday

Good post.

It was useful to remind me that in the previous game he set us up so that the might of CL Champions Bayern Munich, playing a full-strength, league-ready team, in Germany, with a German ref... could not break us down over 45 minutes. And they needed a ridiculous penalty in order to win - or perhaps even to draw - the game.

That does not mean we have a broken defence that needs sorting ;-)

Totally agree with what you both say. Pellegrini has found out more in the pre-season games than the likes of wenger. Arsenal were playing very under-par teams allowing them to knock in 6 or more goals in pre-season - so what does that actually show wenger, it shows nothing and just allows him to again come up with a statement like the kids are the future blah blah blah......unfortunately they will end up empty handed once more imo

We instead tested our players playing a higher quality so that their fitness levels could be where they are needed come the start of the season.

The press have again decided to look at it in totally the wrong angle and have concentrated on how many goals were conceded and have come to the conclusion that our defence is no longer what it was !!! - bloody stupid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.