Friends in high places

Lucky Toma said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Lucky Toma said:
It's not my place to spill but let's just say the North-West MD of a major catalogue distribution company once nodded in recognition at a recruitment drive.

Just sayin its hardly a 'high place' is it..... I was brought up in an area where seeing footballers/ 'celebs' was an everyday occurance so maybe Im just a bit
blasé about it.

Not the same thing at all though is it BB unless you were friends with these footballers/celebs which would relate to the thread.

Genuinely not a dig here but considering you got quite excited recently and made a big thing about a person who no-one had heard of coming to your house I suspect the above is not the case.

I live down the road from Michael Owen. I see him regularly in pub/shops etc, know his brothers well enough to say 'alright, you still playing 5-a-side?' to and there's a whole load of other connections - my mate dated his sister for a long time etc

But when I saw the thread this didnt even occur to me because he's not a friend in high places and if I asked him for a matchday ticket he'd tell me to get to fuck.

Just living in the same vicinity as famous people means precisely nothing.

I grew up with a current england international but would not make a thread about it, each to their own. It's obviously touched a nerve so I'll leave it now.Ronnie keep basking., well done.

Ronnie the Rep said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
If you read my post properly bellend, I didn't mention a footballer. Seeing as this is a City forum, the new CEO is fairly high up

Word to that.

Sadly, you've not had a skank with over '1 million' you tube hits.

Millionaire football CEO's are kinda small fry compared to a girl who might have sent some photos into Nutz at some point.

Good point. One word missing from your post - allegedly

I think we should put it to the vote.

Who's the more impressive celebrity associate...

1 - The current CEO of Manchester City Football Club and former CEO of Barcelona Football Club.

2 - A girl who has sung on a shitty song that anyone over the age of 5 won't have ever heard and who's apparently now training in business which suggest a sort of general failure in the celebrity world.

(Bonus points to anyone who votes and grew up with a current international footballer. Extra points available if you wouldn't start a thread on this though as it's a little crass)

He's obviously got sand in his micropenis about the idea that anyone could be famous than that girl who turned up at his house, don't take it personal.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Lucky Toma said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Just sayin its hardly a 'high place' is it..... I was brought up in an area where seeing footballers/ 'celebs' was an everyday occurance so maybe Im just a bit
blasé about it.

Not the same thing at all though is it BB unless you were friends with these footballers/celebs which would relate to the thread.

Genuinely not a dig here but considering you got quite excited recently and made a big thing about a person who no-one had heard of coming to your house I suspect the above is not the case.

I live down the road from Michael Owen. I see him regularly in pub/shops etc, know his brothers well enough to say 'alright, you still playing 5-a-side?' to and there's a whole load of other connections - my mate dated his sister for a long time etc

But when I saw the thread this didnt even occur to me because he's not a friend in high places and if I asked him for a matchday ticket he'd tell me to get to fuck.

I grew up with a current england international but would not make a thread about it, each to their own. It's obviously touched a nerve so I'll leave it now.Ronnie keep basking., well done.

I didn't start the thread for that. We are not all like you. I have no need to big myself up on a football forum. The thread was because I thought it was an interesting coincidence that had a good result - nothing else

Ronnie the Rep said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Lucky Toma said:

I didn't start the thread for that. We are not all like you. I have no need to big myself up on a football forum. The thread was because I thought it was an interesting coincidence that had a good result - nothing else

You know what they say about giving fools the oxygen of publicity.

The manager of muse is a friend of mine, and my nephew is Paul sculthorpe ex gb an st helens rl captain.

Both useful for tickets to concerts and sports events.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Lucky Toma said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
blasé about it.

In Wythenshaw?

Ducado said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Lucky Toma said:

In Wythenshaw?

No.

Ducado said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Lucky Toma said:

In Wythenshaw?

An English international at Wythys favorite sport. The smash and grab.

Rascal said:
Ducado said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:

In Wythenshaw?

I have never lived in Wythenshawe, would not fancy living there or any area in the North of the city. Some good people in both areas I'm sure but just not for me.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Rascal said:
Ducado said:
In Wythenshaw?

I have never lived in Wythenshawe, would not fancy living there or any area in the North of the city. Some good people in both areas I'm sure but just not for me.

Its only a myth that people from Wythenshawe eat gingers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.