Friends in high places

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Lucky Toma said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Just sayin its hardly a 'high place' is it..... I was brought up in an area where seeing footballers/ 'celebs' was an everyday occurance so maybe Im just a bit
blasé about it.

Not the same thing at all though is it BB unless you were friends with these footballers/celebs which would relate to the thread.

Genuinely not a dig here but considering you got quite excited recently and made a big thing about a person who no-one had heard of coming to your house I suspect the above is not the case.

I live down the road from Michael Owen. I see him regularly in pub/shops etc, know his brothers well enough to say 'alright, you still playing 5-a-side?' to and there's a whole load of other connections - my mate dated his sister for a long time etc

But when I saw the thread this didnt even occur to me because he's not a friend in high places and if I asked him for a matchday ticket he'd tell me to get to fuck.

Just living in the same vicinity as famous people means precisely nothing.

I grew up with a current england international but would not make a thread about it, each to their own. It's obviously touched a nerve so I'll leave it now.Ronnie keep basking., well done.

Why not, seem to recall a crap thread about some z list singer coming round for a glass of wine

marcoboogers said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Lucky Toma said:
Not the same thing at all though is it BB unless you were friends with these footballers/celebs which would relate to the thread.

Genuinely not a dig here but considering you got quite excited recently and made a big thing about a person who no-one had heard of coming to your house I suspect the above is not the case.

I live down the road from Michael Owen. I see him regularly in pub/shops etc, know his brothers well enough to say 'alright, you still playing 5-a-side?' to and there's a whole load of other connections - my mate dated his sister for a long time etc

But when I saw the thread this didnt even occur to me because he's not a friend in high places and if I asked him for a matchday ticket he'd tell me to get to fuck.

Just living in the same vicinity as famous people means precisely nothing.

I grew up with a current england international but would not make a thread about it, each to their own. It's obviously touched a nerve so I'll leave it now.Ronnie keep basking., well done.

Why not, seem to recall a crap thread about some z list singer coming round for a glass of wine

Coming round? Not enough rohypnol?

smudgedj said:
marcoboogers said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:

Coming round? Not enough rohypnol?

Maybe a smash N grab

Nice one Ronnie. When you meet Ferran make sure to ask him about the stadium expansion plans...

;-)

But yet another thread invaded by the arch attention seeker who himself seems to start threads at the drop of any random brain fart.

A truly sad case.

andyhinch said:
Big G said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Just sayin its hardly a 'high place' is it..... I was brought up in an area where seeing footballers/ 'celebs' was an everyday occurance so maybe Im just a bit
blasé about it.

They used your feet as piss stones.
He's on the wum for fuck sake he lives on Brooklands, nuf said

terraced in sale i was lead to believe by a friend who lived in the same road

There's nowt wrong with The Racecourse and you meet many a celeb in The Brigadier in the posh room on a Sunday night.

Leave the lad alone, I say.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
I recently employed a Spanish guy who I have done business with for a few years. He is a mad Barca fan.

He has often mentioned that he knew a lot of people in Barca and he sent a picture of him with the European Cup on the night they beat arsenal but I didn't really take him seriously

He just emailed me to say that one of his best friends is our new CEO and that he has got VIP tickets for me and him for the scum match at the Etihad on December 8th!!

Anybody else have a friend who turned out like this?

Yes and not just someone who knows a football administrator- LOL.

You just fucking had to didn't you.

All hail ffs.

Ronnie the Rep said:
I recently employed a Spanish guy who I have done business with for a few years. He is a mad Barca fan.

He has often mentioned that he knew a lot of people in Barca and he sent a picture of him with the European Cup on the night they beat arsenal but I didn't really take him seriously

He just emailed me to say that one of his best friends is our new CEO and that he has got VIP tickets for me and him for the scum match at the Etihad on December 8th!!

Anybody else have a friend who turned out like this?

Ronnie if the bloody Transfer Forum get hold of this your life will be smothered in PMs and hero worship. Enjoy.

Ronnie the Rep said:
I didn't start the thread for that. We are not all like you. I have no need to big myself up on a football forum. The thread was because I thought it was an interesting coincidence that had a good result - nothing else

I think the proof is in the pudding.

On the one hand we have you, an adult human sharing some relevant and reasonably interesting news with fellow humans.

On the other hand we have the North West's premier micropenis sufferer and his overly long and drawn out thread regarding a 'celebrity' that no one had heard of save for those who go to night clubs populated by 12yr olds. The point of the thread was to boast but it went awry when no fucker knew who she was and it turned out she wasn't anyone anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.