From Blue to Red

Fans are rightly upset, but to be honest the hysterical overreaction is a bit much.

Teams have changed colours in English for many many years (Leeds probably being the most recent, well known example), and complete rebrands happen all the time in the US - even this year Florida Marlins changed their name to Miami and changed colours from teal/black to orange/black.

Cardiff's new kit and badge

I know we changed our badge a few years ago, but this is the 4th in 22 years for them. The kit though will be all red. Never in their history have they had red on their kit, and to go from dark blue to that is extreme. The "Bluebirds" are no more. This is because they are supposed to be getting 100 million from their new owners. Could we accept something this extreme, ( forgetting the colour it is going to )??

Re: Cardiff's new kit and badge

hope they change it to red, hate em, got battered when i went there in the cup that year twice, sneaky fuckers!

marco said:
there not doing the kit change now 'the fans went mad'

nope its defo going to happen and f*ck what the fans think

It probably isn't like this, but the weird thing for me is that the way all the articles are written, they seem to hint that their £100m investment is actually dependent on them accepting the rebranding and recolouring.

ancoats said:
marco said:
there not doing the kit change now 'the fans went mad'

nope its defo going to happen and f*ck what the fans think

really! thought it was all done and dusted and they were not bothering, oh well like the above poster i experienced a good kicking in that cup game so no love lost here

It's done I believe, heres a pic to prove it
521387_454058437955558_1757671589_n.jpg

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I'd be seething if I was a Cardiff fan, I'm cross and I'm only an outsider!

Maybe it's just a tribute to United though, I mean, both clubs are bottlers after all...

-- Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:56 pm --

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Skashion said:
If their supporters club is anything like our ticket-whoring sycophantic supporters club, I'm not surprised.

I wasn't to be honest i understand club tradition but Cardiff, Wales, Red, Dragon it all goes together pretty well

that's what you have the national team for, and Swansea already have a red and green away kit.

Only reason blue isn't "marketable" is because it hasn't had as much exposure yet, you really think it's going to bother the Asian markets that we play in sky blue?

Red is markateble in Asia for many reasons other than "exposure", infact thats about the only wrong reason. In China and S Korea its considered lucky and spirtatual. In almost all asian markets its considered lucky. Thats why red is bigger in asia (seriously exposure!!!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.