From the other side...

Gwladiator

Although I thought Moyes set us up very well you lot played brilliantly tonight and on reflection I couldn't have complained if we lost. The only thing you lot were missing was a proper striker, that little bit of extra quality in the box tonight and you would have won easily. Someone like Adebayor back and keep playing like that and you lot will be top 4 no problem.

You're probably right ......

maybe a new striker is needed .....

plus a new midfield ... preferably one that can actually give the opposition more problems than they can give us ... instead of the shambles that mascarades there now

We have to ask ourselves why , when we've had more than 61% of possession in a game , we've lost !

Gwladiator said:
Although I thought Moyes set us up very well you lot played brilliantly tonight and on reflection I couldn't have complained if we lost. The only thing you lot were missing was a proper striker, that little bit of extra quality in the box tonight and you would have won easily. Someone like Adebayor back and keep playing like that and you lot will be top 4 no problem.
In complete agreement with you here, playing with two short strikers up top against teams like Everton who (without offence intended) like to play it long is a bit short sighted. Santa Cruz coming on meant we started challenging. However, Toure is an absolute donkey and makes Kompany, our usually very assured centre back, look nervous. If the referee hadn't been so inept, if RSC had started and if we had Lescott playing then I think we might've won.

m27 said:
Are you on glue?

If you think our players are that good then I'll swap our central midfielders for yours.

I meant as a team you played some great football, just didn't create enough good chances.

We went to Stamford Bridge and did one on Chelsea and you did the same to us tonight - yes you disrupted the flow of the game and timewasted (we weren't helped by a very poor ref) - thats yours (Moyes) perogative to play that way - it that doesn't take away from a solid Everton away performance - deserved the 3 points in my eyes

Thought Heitinga and Jagielka were exceptional for you - wonder what Gollum would do if we put a cheeky bid in for the pair in late August :-)

black mamba said:
You're probably right ......

maybe a new striker is needed ..... plus a new midfield , preferably one that can actually give the opposition more problems than they can give us , instead of the shambles that mascarades there now

We have to ask ourselves why , when we've had more than 61% of possession in a game , we've lost !

because at least 30% of that possesion was between our back 4

Gwladiator said:

Patronising Twat

City were well on top until the first goal.

Second half though we lacked ideas and never looked like scoring.

If you listen to a lot of the fans not one player was good enough for City tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.