From the other side...

Gwladiator said:
m27 said:
Are you on glue?

If you think our players are that good then I'll swap our central midfielders for yours.

I meant as a team you played some great football, just didn't create enough good chances.

I appreciate your pragmaticism but we played some decent football in areas you weren't concerned about. We do that a lot, it because our midfielders are average.

Gwladiator said:
Although I thought Moyes set us up very well you lot played brilliantly tonight and on reflection I couldn't have complained if we lost. The only thing you lot were missing was a proper striker, that little bit of extra quality in the box tonight and you would have won easily. Someone like Adebayor back and keep playing like that and you lot will be top 4 no problem.

Fair play to you for a fair and sensible, non gloating viewpoint.

You're a good side and you defended well. The game hinged on your first goal but you did well to frustrate us after that.

A good game of football , if a hugely disappointing one for us

Gwladiator said:
Although I thought Moyes set us up very well you lot played brilliantly tonight and on reflection I couldn't have complained if we lost. The only thing you lot were missing was a proper striker, that little bit of extra quality in the box tonight and you would have won easily. Someone like Adebayor back and keep playing like that and you lot will be top 4 no problem.
For the 1st 30 mins we were good, but we couldn't get hold of the ball in midfield, yet we couldn't take a forward off to comepete with your numbers in midfield as we needed goals

1st goal was crucuial and you got it. we ll played. You did an excellent defensive job. Moyes has gone furtehr down in my estimation as a man, but maybe if I was an evertonian I'd be laughing.

Got to agree with the general Evertonian assessment that had veerton had their full strength team you'd be challenging as ever for 4th. But by the same token, I don't think the cricticisms of City's buying policy are fair. If you've got money, use it! will take time to build a succesful City team. we're getting there. Tonight was a setback, but we'll come again

Gwladiator said:

Thanks for your kind words. I thought we played ok tonight. Not brilliant, but certainly not our worse performance this season.

We started off really well, but never scored when we was on top.

Thought Heitinga, Jagielka & Distin were awesome. Won every header. We really could have done with Ade tonight.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Gwladiator said:

You did a good job here tonite , on the hardest Premiership ground to win at this season ...... but i don't really think City deserve much credit from this ..... you could count on one hand the number of City players who actually played well , or the amount of chances that we created ......

i don't think we really had much idea all night long to be honest , right from the word go!

Gwladiator said:

All credit to your honesty, one of those games where we didn't get the luck of the bounce, without being biaste we were the better side, and on another day would have scored a couple. though tbf your midfield did seem to "want it" more for periods of the game.

shadygiz said:
black mamba said:
You're probably right ......

maybe a new striker is needed ..... plus a new midfield , preferably one that can actually give the opposition more problems than they can give us , instead of the shambles that mascarades there now

We have to ask ourselves why , when we've had more than 61% of possession in a game , we've lost !

because at least 30% of that possesion was between our back 4

Do you mean 30% of the 61 which would be 20 ish or 50% of the 61 which would be 30 ish ;?
Just curious

Blue Punter said:
Gwladiator said:

Thanks for your kind words. I thought we played ok tonight. Not brilliant, but certainly not our worse performance this season.

We started off really well, but never scored when we was on top.

Thought Heitinga, Jagielka & Distin were awesome. Won every header. We really could have done with Ade tonight.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Against Tevez and Bellemy

Gwladiator said:
i knew you were ok gwladiator.i think a couple of the decisions went your way. ultimately leading to the opening goal. as soon as you lot took the lead you controlled the game and were well worth the victory. i think that first goal was the key.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.