From the other side...

everton did a number on us tonight and i for one have no complaints.
yes everton did use the long ball tactic but both the goals were well worked.
we are in dire need of a playmaker in the middle, someone like arteta.

but have to say the ref is a bad un'

A question to all you everton fans. When, not if your wonderfully loyal manager replaces baconface? Would that have a disruptive influence on your squad and would you boo him like you did Lescott?

Gwladiator said:
Although I thought Moyes set us up very well you lot played brilliantly tonight and on reflection I couldn't have complained if we lost. The only thing you lot were missing was a proper striker, that little bit of extra quality in the box tonight and you would have won easily. Someone like Adebayor back and keep playing like that and you lot will be top 4 no problem.

Thank you very much Gwladiator. Nice of you to post such positive stuff. Unfortunately, the little bit of extra quality will be wasted if we don't get someone who can join up the bits. I am well and truly urinated off with sideways, backwards and reverse goal to goal play. Your unwarranted free kick prior to the goal came from our cuffing throw-in down by your corner flag. We need someone like er, that Spanish guy you have, whatisname, Michael somebody or other, I call him Our Tater, that's it Arteta. What's he doing next season. Is he short of a bit of cash, does ScotsPLJ need some transfer money, should Joeloninho send him a text? Nice goal! Well worth the three points with that finish!

Yeah, I've said it in a couple of other posts. Arteta is a wonderful player. Was lucky to be on the pitch. Especially after Tevez got booked for what looked like a trip and a headbutt of Jagielka's shin pad and Arteta got nothing for a professional foul.

All that aside, Everton stuck to their plan perfectly. Well executed and did a number on us again at Eastlands. Fair play. Nice to finally see an Everton fan on here not running his mouth like they have an agenda. Good post. (As Didsbury Dave put it).

jamiegrimble said:
Your fans got right behind your team and that definitely made a difference. I Haven’t seen Mancini as frustrated since he came here, at one time lashing out at the ball himself in response to a poor Santa Cruz effort, not to mention the Moyes incident. It appeared to me that Everton pulled off their pre-conceived Game plan, keep possession-accurate passing-hassle the opposition-Disrupt the game-unsettle the crowd,. plus a little help from a few dodgy Peter Walton decisions, which got him booed off at half time. The Everton players successfully acted out their Managers game plan on the night. Our players, to a man didn’t turn up for Mancini, with the possible exception of Johnson in short spells of the first half. It was a frustrating evening. Had 0-0 written all over it. On the night Your team capitalised on scant chances, ours didn’t. Time to move on.

Don't know where you are mate but from where I am in 111 I thought they were absolute shite.
They barely made a squeak and sat on their arses until they scored- and when we were dominating possesion in the 1st half there were some worried faces.

Unless you count singing "you've never won fuck all" as supporting your own team?

I respect their team-it's good at what it does-but that's where it ends.

Their fans are on par with rags and spuds.

RBmk2 said:
jamiegrimble said:
Your fans got right behind your team and that definitely made a difference. I Haven’t seen Mancini as frustrated since he came here, at one time lashing out at the ball himself in response to a poor Santa Cruz effort, not to mention the Moyes incident. It appeared to me that Everton pulled off their pre-conceived Game plan, keep possession-accurate passing-hassle the opposition-Disrupt the game-unsettle the crowd,. plus a little help from a few dodgy Peter Walton decisions, which got him booed off at half time. The Everton players successfully acted out their Managers game plan on the night. Our players, to a man didn’t turn up for Mancini, with the possible exception of Johnson in short spells of the first half. It was a frustrating evening. Had 0-0 written all over it. On the night Your team capitalised on scant chances, ours didn’t. Time to move on.

Don't know where you are mate but from where I am in 111 I thought they were absolute shite.
They barely made a squeak and sat on their arses until they scored- and when we were dominating possesion in the 1st half there were some worried faces.

Unless you count singing "you've never won fuck all" as supporting your own team?

I respect their team-it's good at what it does-but that's where it ends.

Their fans are on par with rags and spuds.
Sat in the East Stand mate and I thought they made a reasonable amount of noise. I think I have given them enough praise anyway, That’s all I’m saying about them. I would say though Peter Walton’s Diabolical First Half decisions distracted our supporters so much, that all we could do at the time was focus on his performance to the detriment of getting behind our team, all we could muster to that tosser apart from the will to string him up was “you don’t know what your doing .”An awful Referee on a frustrating night. That’s my abiding memory of the Everton game.

Don't talk about quiet fans.
There was only us left in the ground, City vacated their seats with a good 10 mins to go in a mass exodus, you never got behind your team all night, so dont be so sour.

licker said:
Don't talk about quiet fans.
There was only us left in the ground, City vacated their seats with a good 10 mins to go in a mass exodus, you never got behind your team all night, so dont be so sour.
Read the thread pal, where is “quiet” mentioned concerning Your fans? Nothing sour from me personally. Your team gelled well on the night and you got the rub of the green. What more do you want?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.