Fulham (a) pre-match thread

Fulham (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited as I will be attending this game with my oldest son!

My son's youth football club is doing a quick tour of Europe and has obtained tickets to the City Fulham game. I do not yet know the area of our seats. Any concerns about our wearing our CIty shirts at Craven Cottage?

This will be Dan's first time at a Premier League game! Wow, what a treat for him to see the world's best squad in person!

Liverpool home to wolves is no walkover, they are a good time, will play football and have no nerves, whereas liverpool will be full of nerves

They'll have nothing left to play for in the league and either the disappointment of losing an fa cup semi final hanging over them or a FA cup final to prepare for in which case they'll play close to their under 18s and you couldn't blame them for it.

Ideal scenario for this is an early 2 goal lead allowing us to ease through the rest of the game and give some minutes to returning players to get them upto speed

This is the beginning of the sprint for glory.
Let's hope we have a fully fit squad raring to go. Playing every 3-4 days will be tough but we can do it.
I'm excited by it. If we turn up in the FA Cup both times we can win it. I still feel the scousers will buckle somewhere we just must be consistent from now to the end and churn out the wins. Another draw for them and we can afford 1 nasty slip up. Win the rest and it's ours on Goal Difference. Long way to go though.
Champs League let's just enjoy - ld love to be going to Madrid on June 1 though.
Yes this is the start of it. Don't like the nasty slip up bit though, lol.

Going to be nervous for every game from now till end of the season because it is virtually lose once in any of the 4 competitions and we will not b lifting silverware for that competition.

Looking at our previous game vs Swansea we looked shaky at the back and really need Stonesy back in beside Laporte to calm it down because Otamendi is a bomb scare at times and is lacking in pace.

Also I hate how we pass it around our box, however I do like the football, we’re going to get caught out in the bigger games and get punished for it. I understand it’s used to draw teams in so we can break on them quickly and even though we look comfortable playing it at the back I will never b 100% certain.

On the other hand I am fully confident in our squad and Pep that we can win all four competitions it’ll b a tough ask but I would b unhappy with our season if we didn’t pick up at least 3 trophies, CMON CITY!
Actually, Otamendi has been one of the best defenders during the past few games. Why have you got it in for him when others have not come up to the required standard?
It’s a shame you don’t like “how we pass it around our box” as that is the Pep way and is here to stay as long as he is our manager.

My son's youth football club is doing a quick tour of Europe and has obtained tickets to the City Fulham game. I do not yet know the area of our seats. Any concerns about our wearing our CIty shirts at Craven Cottage?

This will be Dan's first time at a Premier League game! Wow, what a treat for him to see the world's best squad in person!
I've never been but I think it should be fine. I hope you bring good luck with you.

As said previously by another blue. This is the start of the sprint finish for trophies. We are in a place that we never thought imaginable - going for an unprecedented quadruple !

Let that sink in for a while, a quadruple. It may, or it may not happen. But bloody hell lets enjoy it because we have come a long way from the dark old days of relegation and shite ownership.

The rest of the established cartel and their hypocritical fanbase can throw their 'plastic' chants as long as they want - it is a statement (for those that are blue blood through and through) one that falls like water of a duck's back

One game at a time mentality is the way Pep will take this and we could end up as the only team to achieve the greatest trophy haul in the English top flight ever

As I say, even if we don't and just secure a league title and league cup - the league title will be such a crushing blow on the dippers of dockland that it will resonate for years in their tiny minds after blowing a substantial points lead. The psychological blow on both their fanbase, and players would be damning - on Klopp well it could be the bigger

Lets start by winning this game in hand, we already have the winning mentality something the dippers seem to forget every week

Ric and Marvin,

Thank you very much for your kind replies and advice!

City should comfortably win but every game is now a must victory. Both Liverpool and Chelsea struggled at Craven Cottage getting quality chances.

City will have to much for Fulham to hold off conceeding at least 3.

Any result with no injuries and 3 points will be great but hoping to see goals galore by City!

Not if you are at the away end with our supporters. If in the home end with Fulham supporters I would be more cautious although given the age of your boy should be ok.

Despite years of living in London, and growing up there to a certain age, I for some reason never got to Craven Cottage. Going next week, and really excited about it. I was told that years and years ago they hired a bloke to be out in a skiff on the Thames on match days to fish the ball out of the river when it went over the stand. I don't know if this is an urban legend or not, but I was told it several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.