Fulham (A) - Sun 30th April, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough game this and last few games against Fulham with this manager who will have his team drilled very well we have found it hard! Don’t want passive Mahrez I want second half spurs at home Mahrez which for me we don’t see enough off! It’s been passive pass back sideways Mahrez! In fact play him in the Kdb role and foden in the right Grealish on the left

Probably my last away of the season bar wembley and hopefully istanbul.

these 6:30 starts on a sunday are just wrong ;-)

We play 4 games over the next 10 days. Pep will rotate in order to keep the players fresh. We can't afford to go to Madrid with players who are not sufficiently fresh physically and mentally.

We have a group of 16 experienced players: those who started vs Arsenal plus Ake, Laporte, Foden, Mahrez and Alvarez. Pep will use the latter (4) players heavily in order to give a rest to players who are expected to start in Madrid.

If under rotation you mean using fringe players like Gomez, Phillips, Lewis and Palmer, I agree. They are not likely to start games.
Then, we agree.

We don’t have “a team,” we have a set of about 15 players who are ALL “first team” players. Does Foden start when fit? Mahrez? Bernardo? Laporte? Akanji? Ake? Walker? Alvarez? We HONESTLY don’t know, but Pep may have tipped his hand recently!

Ederson

Akanji
Stones
Dias
Ake

KDB
Rodri
Gundo

Bernardo
Haaland
Grealish

Subs: Walker, Laporte, Foden, Alvarez (Phillips)

THAT is “the team,” with all 4 “subs” being completely able to be selected depending upon the tactics to be used. That’s what I mean by no “rotation” because that smacks of rest for the sake of it, as opposed to “resting” players.

However, as stated, if we can get to the 60-80 minute mark with a 2 goal cushion, I do think the “subs” will be utilized.

Sorry if I was being too cryptic.

Not a huge fan of this referee but there are worse out there
He has had lots of our big matches (Liverpool, Newcastle, Spurs, Chelsea) and suspect he’s being fast tracked to be the top ref in the prem

View attachment 77101
Let’s see if he keeps up with play first, he has a tendency to hover around the halfway line, they’ll probably bring him in against the Arse next season & put the mockers on our tactic of Kev playing around Erl & us going direct. He doesn’t worry me as much as a Madley on VAR though

Last edited:
More concerned about this game then I was v arsenal, Absolutely crucial we get 3 points. Fulham are a really good side. Think we just sneak it 2 1

So what pack does Pep programme the Cyborg with today ? I reckon KDB will have the day off, so I can see him being used as the out and out striker, just stick ball in net as many times as you can mode !

Then, we agree.

We don’t have “a team,” we have a set of about 15 players who are ALL “first team” players. Does Foden start when fit? Mahrez? Bernardo? Laporte? Akanji? Ake? Walker? Alvarez? We HONESTLY don’t know, but Pep may have tipped his hand recently!

Ederson

Akanji
Stones
Dias
Ake

KDB
Rodri
Gundo

Bernardo
Haaland
Grealish

Subs: Walker, Laporte, Foden, Alvarez (Phillips)

THAT is “the team,” with all 4 “subs” being completely able to be selected depending upon the tactics to be used. That’s what I mean by no “rotation” because that smacks of rest for the sake of it, as opposed to “resting” players.

However, as stated, if we can get to the 60-80 minute mark with a 2 goal cushion, I do think the “subs” will be utilized.

Sorry if I was being too cryptic.

I'd add Mahrez as well.

I think one from Palmer, Lewis and Gomez can be used in home games vs the likes of Leeds without weakening as too much, with Palmer being the least risky option if played on the wings. Phillips has a lot more experience than them but his position (DM) is vital in our system and Pep's likely to rotate Rodri with Gundo or use Phillips next to Rodri/Gundo in a double pivot. Phillips can't play a DM on his own yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.